Shift hours: Full Time
The security officer will need to cover the site to a very high level due to the nature of this retail/events site. The officer must be flexible to cover any day within the week including night shifts or late events. The officer will be responsible for many different security requirements on site and will follow the lead of the security supervisor. The officer must keep an excellent corporate image and display excellent professionalism. The main objective on site will be to protect staff and visitors, prevent damage to property and safeguard our client’s products on site in line with the agreed assignment instruction and standard operating procedures. The security officer must meet or excel all KPI’s that have been agreed and trained out. The officer will carry out regular Sodexo and site-specific training including wider training when required. The officer will compile with all Sodexo and Diageo compliance.
- Maintain the security of the premises via internal and external patrols
- Greet and meet customers in a professional manner
- Report all abnormalities to the security supervisor
- Reply to all Emails and phone calls promptly and professionally
- Maintain accurate inputting and recording of the DOB, Key register, Search sheets etc.
- Ensure that ID cards are issued with relevant clearance levels including regular auditing
- Patrol high risk areas in line with the assignment instruction
- Assist with the evacuation of the building
- Must comply with all Diageo and Sodexo policies at all times
- Greet customers in a pleasant professional manner and deliver a high level professional and consistent service at all times
- Maintain and update the Sodexo daily document files
- Flexible to cover both day and night shifts if required with weekends and short notice.
- Access control – ensure that only authorised personnel are granted access and issued with access cards
- Manage and audit the access control clearances on site for staff/visitors and contractors
- Those who are not authorised must obtain authorisation prior to access being granted.
- CCTV monitoring – in line with SIA licence regulations and GDPR.
- Alarm monitoring – ensure that all alarms are responded to, investigated and recorded in line with Diageo policy
- Monitor and respond to the fire panel
- Maintain radio communication with site team
- Key management in line with process
- Write fully detailed incident reports and follow the escalation process
- Carry out searches as directed by the client
- Escalate all issues to the site supervisor and workplace manager
- Accepting deliveries, storing them appropriately and notifying the customer
- Signing in contractors and performing all necessary inductions
- Lock and unlock the building as per the assignment instruction
- Compile with all the security SOP’s and risk assessments
- Liaising with the Key Holding Company to arrange out of hours service
- Assist with any other duty as directed by management.
- To monitor and respond to the product tagging system
- Providing first aid when needed
- Carry out training that may include off site training courses
- Complete all tasks outlined by the security supervisor and workplace manager
- Must hold a valid DS SIA licence
- Must hold a valid CCTV SIA licence (training can be provided)
- Must hold a EFAW or FAW first aid certificate
- Good written and spoken English
- Must be flexible to work days, nights and weekends
- Able to respond to all emergencies swiftly
- Knowledge of security techniques
- Ability to type up full and detailed incident reports
- Previous security experience in a high-end retail or events venues
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent awareness skills
- Aptitude to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to stand for long hours
Location: Edinburgh City Centre, Scotland