Salary: £10.32 – £10.32
Shift hours: Full Time
Secure by Sodexo is committed to a heritage of professionalism and quality that makes us a respected supplier of integrated services in our industry. We offer a range of contractual services to cover the most demanding of service needs. We work with leading “blue-chip” organisations, healthcare, educational and defence sites understanding the markets we serve. Flexibility is needed in the delivery of our services, this is reflected in the operation of our organisations and the “partnering” principles customers seek. At Secure by Sodexo we recognise that the growth and success of our company is dependent on the people we employ and the way that they are developed and stimulated within our organisation.
The Relief Security Officer (RSO) is accountable to the Secure Support Manager (SSM) for the adhoc support and delivery of security within the service offerring. This will include compliance, statutory, contractual and company regulations and processes.
The RSO will ensure exemplary standards of security and customer service are provided to the client and visitors to the site at all times.
The RSO will need to be flexible to work in various geographical locations and occasionally stay away from home.
The RSO will frequently be required to change shifts and work at short notice as operational issues dictate.
- Provide Ad-hoc support for our security operations across all segments
- Ensuring buildings, valuables or people are safe and secure
- Be professional, pleasant, friendly, courteous and helpful at all times
- To ensure exemplary standards in personal grooming, strictly adhering to the local site uniform requirements.
- To deal efficiently and effectively with emergencies including fire and bomb scares ensuring the customers are kept fully informed at all times.
- Provide assistance to third party contractors / visitors ensuring all local site procedures / policies are adhered too.
- To liaise closely with statutory authorities, dealing with incidents and the provision of information.
- Patrolling, securing and monitoring premises, sometimes with the aid of closed circuit television (CCTV)
- Diligent management and maintenance of site records / reference materials including Health & Safety records, Incident Forms and the site occurrence book
- Ensure a timely response to all security issues and events.
- To develop excellent working relationships with our on site customers
- To carry out search procedures tactfully and professionally according to local client requirements
- Ability to focus on best practice, the RSO will use his/her creative approach and personality to influence at all levels
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Able to articulate clearly and credibly with various clients, senior managers and all staff.
- Capability to work unsupervised and take responsibility
- Aptitude to remain calm under pressure
- Reliable, punctual and flexible
Location: Glasgow, Scotland