Are you a qualified teacher looking to make a difference to young peoples lives? If the answer is yes, then join us as an SEN Teacher role at Lufton College!
The Cambian Group, the UK’s largest provider of specialist services in education, mental health rehabilitation and learning disabilities is looking for an experienced, creative teacher to join Lufton College.
About Lufton College:
Lufton College is a 52-week residential specialist college providing quality care and education for young people between the ages of 16 and 25 with a diagnosis of autism, or whose difficulties place them on the autistic continuum. Our students often have complex needs, associated learning difficulties and behaviours of concern. Our curriculum has been devised to prepare our students for adulthood and to equip them with the skills and knowledge to achieve their personal best in adult life. This is delivered in a variety of settings, including within students’ homes, vocational placements both internally and externally. As well as learning within in the classrooms, our young people take part in various outdoor activities such as animal therapy and various activities based around nature throughout the college sites.
The college is continuing on their journey of improving our provision, and the past academic year has been focused on improving the quality of education, our environment, and developing the collaboration between care, education and our clinical team input and support.
Lufton College is within a rural setting on the outskirts of Yeovil spread across 3 sites with over 40 acres, with forest area, small farm areas and ample outdoor spaces.
We are looking for teachers who share our vision, who are passionate about the teaching profession and committed to fostering a passion for lifelong learning. Working as part of a committed team, we need someone who can cater for the diverse needs of our students, therefore you need to be:
- Well organised and able to plan a structured learning environment
- Practical, creative and inventive;
- Enthusiastic and energetic;
- Able to interact with people in a variety of ways;
- Looking to develop expertise in special educational needs and Autism.
- Dynamic and proactive
- A contributor to the colleges multi – disciplinary team approach
- Managing complex behaviours
- To create and follow high quality and ambitious curriculum plans, from long term curriculum overviews to individualised schemes of work.
- To create high quality session plans, demonstrating effective differentiation to meet diverse students’ needs.
- You will be expected to act as a personal tutor to a small group of students, supporting them to achieve EHCP outcomes related to independent living skills, personal resilience, and engagement in learning.
- You will have the opportunity to work as part of a skilled multi-disciplinary team, aiming to expand the horizons and improve the skills of young people. We deliver care and education with therapeutic approaches whilst incorporating opportunities for staff and students to experience the fun side of life.
- We are particularly interested in hearing from candidates with experience in co-ordinating or delivering post-16 PSHE, but other candidates with the relevant qualifications/experiences to the post will also be considered.
Successful candidates will have to meet the person specification in order to be offered this post. Cambian is committed to Safeguarding and protecting students in line with Cambian and local authority policies. All candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and reference checks. Cambian is an equal opportunities employer.
To find out more about us at Cambian visit www.cambiangroup.com or email email@example.com
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent [SYS-2758]