We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, these include:
- Generous annual leave entitlement starting at 28 days annual leave per year, 29 days for senior managers (pro rata, depending on how many hours per week you work), plus bank holidays. An additional 5 days, linked to continuous service, and ability to purchase up to 6 weeks additional leave per year.
- Local Government Pension Scheme plus immediate life cover (3 times your annual salary from day one) and ill-health protection.
- Employee discounts with local and national retailers, days out, finance, health and beauty, travel and eating out plus lots more.
- Car Lease scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme – We have an employee support programme run by Health Assured, an independent, external organisation. Health Assured is available for you and your immediate family members, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and includes telephone counselling, legal advice, bereavement support and medical information.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities.
- A variety of flexible working options
- Our West Ways of Working – We want our workforce to thrive, and we equip our employees with the right technology to support hybrid and collaborative working, on or off site, depending on the role.
- Making a difference – If you want to use your skills and experience with an organisation that are genuinely invested in making a difference, are committed to improving people’s lives, and whose success has a direct impact on the wellbeing of your family, friends and people in your local area, then West Northamptonshire Council is the place for you.
About the role
As a new authority, we’re embarking on an exciting journey to deliver exceptional services for our residents, customers and communities. There is tremendous opportunity for an ambitious, dynamic and spirited Building Control professional to exert a lasting influence over design, construction, safety, sustainability and welfare, as well as protecting a rich and colourful heritage. You’ll find yourself in a position where your input can really make a difference and significantly benefit the future development of West Northamptonshire.
What will you be doing?
This role will include checking plans, visiting sites, providing advice to building professionals, the public and the Council as well as contributing to the quality and safety of the built environment in accordance with national standards. The candidate would also be required to deal with dangerous structures, the investigation and resolution of breaches of the Building Regulations and be responsible for ensuring Partner Authority applications are administered and checked according to the LABC Partner Authority Scheme.
In this role the successful candidate will be working closely with the Principal and Senior Building Control Surveyors, you’ll help ensure that the Council’s statutory functions are properly carried out in dealing with the building regulations and associated legislative controls including fire, health and safety matters relating to buildings and structures.
The candidate should be a corporate member of RICS, CABE or equivalent or be working towards this.
We’re a new council, following one of the largest shake-ups in local government
reform in recent history. As a new authority, we’re embarking on an exciting journey
to deliver exceptional services for our residents, customers and
Our vision at West Northamptonshire Council is ‘to make West Northants a great
place to live, work, visit and thrive’. We truly stand by this and work hard every day to
make this a reality. Our corporate values, THRIVE, stand for: Trust, High Performance,
Respect, Innovate and Empower, they underpin everything we do and how we deliver
At West Northants Council, it’s about our people. People who thrive with
ambition, bubble with new ideas, demand better ways of working, caring about every detail,
and who never shy away from a challenge. Our culture is a gateway for new experiences. A
place to forge new opportunities. To empower you in your career and unite you with like-
When potential is unlocked, talent thrives.
Choose a career that offers you a true sense of achievement, fills you with pride and
challenges you in a positive way, every day.
West Northants Council, where careers thrive.