We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, these include:
- Generous annual leave entitlement starting at 27 days annual leave per year, 28 days for senior managers (pro rata, depending on how many hours per week you work), plus bank holidays. An additional 5 days, linked to continuous service, and ability to purchase up to 6 weeks additional leave per year.
- Local Government Pension Scheme plus immediate life cover (3 times your annual salary from day one) and ill-health protection.
- Employee discounts with local and national retailers, days out, finance, health and beauty, travel and eating out plus lots more.
- Car Lease scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme – We have an employee support programme run by Health Assured, an independent, external organisation. Health Assured is available for you and your immediate family members, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and includes telephone counselling, legal advice, bereavement support and medical information.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities.
- A variety of flexible working options to support your work/life balance, including full or part time, term time, 9-day fortnight, etc. (subject to business needs).
- Our West Ways of Working – We want our workforce to thrive, and we equip our employees with the right technology to support hybrid and collaborative working, on or off site, depending on the role.
- Making a difference – If you want to use your skills and experience with an organisation that are genuinely invested in making a difference, are committed to improving people’s lives, and whose success has a direct impact on the wellbeing of your family, friends and people in your local area, then West Northamptonshire Council is the place for you.
The council is in the process of implementing a new pay structure and terms and conditions which will be applicable to this role. The outcome could result in a future variation to the advertised salary, and this will be discussed at interview.
About the role
Lead, manage and support the business process of the Adult Social Services Customer Pathway within the Community Northampton teams. Deliver and support high quality standards in relation to the business cycle, information systems, data recording and health and safety within team service areas. Provide complete, proactive administrative support to the work and financial systems within the Customer Pathway in accordance with West Northamptonshire Council regulations and guidelines, to achieve security and maximise income. Arrange, support and minute various meetings as and when required.
Organise and assist in the development of maintenance of business processes to support operational staff and efficient service delivery. Raise awareness and knowledge for Business Support Staff, thereby contributing to the quality of service delivery. Maintain on a day to day basis the office equipment, information technology and office systems to ensure effective services.
What will you be doing?
Maintain on a day to day basis the office equipment, information technology and office systems to ensure effective services.
Participate in the recruitment and induction of business support staff in the Customer Pathway and facilitate their integration into the workplace.
Monitor business processes and budgets and liaise with Team Managers as appropriate, thereby assisting in meeting budgetary and organisational targets.
Ensure the record and data management systems within the Customer Pathway are maintained to high standard to enable staff to carry out their duties effectively and ensure customers experience a high quality service.
Support the implementation and use of Information Technology to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the Customer Pathway structure.
Take a lead role in the review of business processes and systems, producing proposals for change if necessary.
Provide an efficient response to requests to protect the property of clients in line with statutory requirements.
Demonstrate awareness/understanding of equal opportunities and other people’s behavioural, physical, social and welfare needs.
Ensure that reasonable care is taken at all times for the health, safety and welfare of yourself and other persons, and to comply with the policies and procedures relating to health and safety within the department.
Carry out any other duties which fall within the broad spirit, scope and purpose of this job description and which are commensurate with the grade of the post.
You will be Educated to GCSE level, or equivalent, particularly including English and Maths. Have excellent IT skills and be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
Have a good understanding of office environments, record maintenance/management and financial systems sufficient to devise and improve administrative systems.
Be able to demonstrate effective supervisory skills.
Demonstrate excellent organisational ability including the application of information technology.
Demonstrate good written and verbal skills including telephone communication.
Have the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail with ability to produce well-presented documents.
Be able to plan and allocate work effectively and efficiently, meet deadlines and work in an organised manner.
Ability to travel effectively to different locations.
Ability to demonstrate awareness/understanding of equal opportunities and other people’s behaviour, physical, social and welfare needs.
We’re a new council, following one of the largest shake-ups in local government
reform in recent history. As a new authority, we’re embarking on an exciting journey
to deliver exceptional services for our residents, customers and
Our vision at West Northamptonshire Council is ‘to make West Northants a great
place to live, work, visit and thrive’. We truly stand by this and work hard every day to
make this a reality. Our corporate values, THRIVE, stand for: Trust, High Performance,
Respect, Innovate and Empower, they underpin everything we do and how we deliver
At West Northants Council, it’s about our people. People who thrive with
ambition, bubble with new ideas, demand better ways of working, caring about every detail,
and who never shy away from a challenge. Our culture is a gateway for new experiences. A
place to forge new opportunities. To empower you in your career and unite you with like-
When potential is unlocked, talent thrives.
Choose a career that offers you a true sense of achievement, fills you with pride and
challenges you in a positive way, every day.
West Northants Council, where careers thrive.