In a Nutshell…
We have a new opportunity for an Engineer to join our team within Vistry East Yorkshire, at our Leeds office. As an Engineer you will be an integral part of the technical department, reporting to the Head of Technical.
The engineering arm of our regional technical teams is responsible for establishing all the infrastructure that connects a new development, from roads to sewers and all the utilities you expect from a modern, functional dwelling, our engineers are a vital part of ensuring each home meets and exceeds our customers’ expectations.
You will be involved in coordinating, managing and reviewing the development of key information, technical reports, engineering and utility designs to enable any given residential development to be built as intended. As well as working with the wider teams to ensure designs are understood, cost effective and accurately implemented.
We are pleased to say, this role can accommodate agile working arrangements.
Let’s cut to the chase, what’s in it for you…
- Competitive basic salary and annual bonus
- Company car, car allowance or travel allowance
- Agile working possible (dependent on role)
- Up to 33 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private Healthcare and Dental Insurance
- Competitive contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance – 4 x your annual salary
- Share incentive schemes
- Employee rewards portal with many more benefits…
In return, what we would like from you…
- Behave in line with our company values – Integrity, Caring and Quality
- Be working towards or hold an engineering related qualification, BEng or equivalent And/or Experience in a similar role with a residential developer
- Experience working within residential house building or within fields directly relating to residential house building such as engineering consultancy.
- Experience reviewing and understanding Civil Engineering designs.
- Good level of IT literacy with experience of AutoCAD, Outlook, Excel & Word,
- Comfortable using engineering related software like AutoCAD
- Awareness of engineering regulatory requirements in housebuilding
- Excellent attention to detail particularly when reviewing highly technical documentation
- An awareness of road and sewer design as well as the associated technical approval process
- Organisation skills and time management with ability to multi task.
- Enjoy working with people to deliver the best solution whether that be by applying existing knowledge or thinking creatively to develop bespoke solutions
- Ability to analyse problems and deliver solutions.
- Take pride in what you do and are open to new ideas in order to fully explore and correctly implement them.
- Be able to interpret the designs and technical demands of others.
- Willing to work extra to meet deadlines as and when the business needs require it
- Be working towards or hold a Meng/Chartership
- Principle Designer and associated Health and Safety training/ qualifications.
- CSCS card qualification.
- Experience working within a Engineering role at mass volume residential house builder
- Use of online drawing management systems.
- Engineering Design Experience
More about the Engineer role…
- Assessing engineering risks and opportunities in land opportunities and in developing land feasibility packs to aid the bid team in bidding on new development sites.
- Assist the planning team to analyse and resolve engineering issues as part of the planning application.
- Ensure compliance at all stages of each planning submission in line with the latest National Housebuilding Council standards as well as appropriate national design standards.
- Arrange and manage external consultants to undertake Site Investigations, Topographical Surveys, CCTV and Ground penetrating radar surveys amongst others.
- Co-ordinate and manage consultants to develop technical reports and engineering designs.
- Work with external consultants to develop cost effective designs while considering buildability and construction risks.
- Work with external consultants, utilities providers and local authorities to get technical approvals confirmed
- Prepare tender packs of engineering information and assist the commercial team with engineering related queries during procurement.
- Submission of all information to NHBC and obtaining approval of same for any Engineering related issues
- Attending Pre-Start Meetings and briefing all departments on matters related to the technical aspects of the development.
- Prepare all drawings and documents for Pre-Start Meetings & handover packs.
- Work closely with other construction and sales teams on resolving engineering issues on site.
Finally, let’s tell you a bit more about us…
At Vistry Group, we build more than homes. We develop sustainable communities across all sectors of the UK housing market through our leading housing brands Bovis Homes, Linden Homes and Countryside Homes. Delivered through Vistry Housebuilding, Countryside Partnerships and Vistry Works with the support of Vistry Services, our values of integrity, caring, and quality continue to shape all we do.
We’re proud that our UK Green Building Council membership, 2021 Large Housebuilder of the Year award and status as a UK top-five housebuilder with a five-star House Builders Federation (HBF) customer satisfaction rating allows us to transform land into thriving spaces. We’re also proud that our culture sees everyone treated fairly and respectfully, with diversity and inclusion a top priority and reasonable adjustments provided during the application process. From memories and communities to worthwhile careers, we’re making Vistry.
Job Type: Permanent – Full Time
Location Detail: Suite 2/3 Ground Floor,1175 Thorpe Park, Century Way, Leeds, LS15 8ZB