In a Nutshell…
We have a new opportunity for a Senior Estimator to join our team within Vistry South Central Midlands, at our Coleshill office. As our Senior Estimator you will be responsible for supporting our land and development team in securing land and contracting opportunities. In turn, this will deliver the company’s development programme/objectives. This will involve leading a team to deliver accurate estimating for a multitude of schemes, completing appraisals, participating in tender reviews, and delivering to deadlines. The successful candidate will come from a housebuilding, or residential contractor and be experienced in pricing work from first principles as well as utilising supply chain information.
Let’s cut to the chase, what’s in it for you…
- Competitive basic salary and annual bonus
- Company car, car allowance or travel allowance
- Agile working possible (dependent on role)
- Up to 33 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private Healthcare and Dental Insurance
- Competitive contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance – 4 x your annual salary
- Share incentive schemes
- Employee rewards portal with many more benefits…
In return, what we would like from you…
- Behave in line with our company values – Integrity, Caring and Quality
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying / Construction Management or equivalent
- Experienced in pricing work from first principles as well as utilising supply chain information
- A proven track record in a similar position within a housebuilding, residential contracting, building or groundworks business.
- Experience working with various internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to utilise current and new networks to assist with the estimating process
- Strong commitment to achieving deadlines
- Able to work efficiently, on own initiative, prioritising as necessary
- Able to delegate where required, matching the task to the team member’s skill set.
- Positive attitude towards teamwork and challenge.
- Ability to lead others with clarity and fairness.
- Willing to work extra to meet deadlines as and when the business needs require it
- Chartered body member (CIOB / RICS)
- Experience with Bluebeam and Conquest estimating packages
More about the Senior Estimator role…
- Assist in securing land and contracting opportunities within our market sector and geographic operational area.
- Lead the estimating team in delivering information to bid deadlines.
- Provide commercial support to the Land and Partnerships Dirctor for all land bids for land-led contracting and mixed tenure opportunities.
- Become a key member of our commercial team supporting our land, new business and development team to secure new opportunities to deliver strong commercial returns.
- Work closely with Technical and Construction teams to ensure continuous improvement in cost accuracy.
- Initial appraisal of development sites based on information provided. Assess risks and opportunities, establish viability.
- Supporting value engineering or negotiating exercises where required.
- Update financial appraisal at key stages of the development process – including offer stage, acquisition approval, planning application and planning approval stages.
- Financial modelling of cost and revenue streams to determine funding requirements of each development.
- Monitor cost movement and maintain pricing rates for standard house types.
- Analyse current orders to compile housetype benchmark prices
- Identify risks and record on a tender risk register.
- Conduct site visits where required
- Attend tender design review meetings in order to ensure the bid team achieve the most economically advantageous bid.
- Price draft preliminaries in line with the tender programme.
- Present the financial elements at the tender adjudication meeting
- Value engineering – provide advice and costs associated with value engineering proposals for the scheme
- Provide input in post tender queries / negotiations
- Establish standard house type costs based on recent as-built information.
- Initial Appraisal of documents issued for Land Bid opportunity
Finally, let’s tell you a bit more about us…
At Vistry Group, we build more than homes. We develop sustainable communities across all sectors of the UK housing market through our leading housing brands Bovis Homes, Linden Homes and Countryside Homes. Delivered through Vistry Housebuilding, Countryside Partnerships and Vistry Works with the support of Vistry Services, our values of integrity, caring, and quality continue to shape all we do.
We’re proud that our UK Green Building Council membership, 2021 Large Housebuilder of the Year award and status as a UK top-five housebuilder with a five-star House Builders Federation (HBF) customer satisfaction rating allows us to transform land into thriving spaces. We’re also proud that our culture sees everyone treated fairly and respectfully, with diversity and inclusion a top priority and reasonable adjustments provided during the application process. From memories and communities to worthwhile careers, we’re making Vistry.
Job Type: Permanent – Full Time
Location Detail: Bromwich Court,Highway Point, Gorsey Lane, Birmingham, B46 1JU