At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Senior Estimator to join our team in Bristol (BS48 3QD)
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
The main focus of the Senior Estimator role will be to oversee the pricing of work and the management of the tendering process.
In this role, you will be responsible for a number of tasks including:
- Manage the production and submission of all pricing work for the contracting business whilst ensuring compliance with internal review procedures
- Ensure that quality, competitive tenders are submitted, and key targeted contracts are won, taking into account business capacity, margins, financial contractual risks
- Undertake pre-contract commercial reviews to identify opportunities and risks within proposed future contracts
- Undertake detailed analysis of subcontractor/supplier quotations for inclusion with tenders
- Negotiating and winning work contracts
- Developing and influencing bid strategies
- Produce and submit a tender handover report to the operations delivery team
- Researching market trends/ data for biding winning
- Manage and develop relationship with new and existing customers, working well as a part of a team and have a drive for success
- Securing and developing new business opportunities in line with company initiatives, by ensuring that competitive tenders are submitted, taking into account business capabilities, financial, technical and contractual risk
- Ensuring compliance with policies and procedures including Health and Safety, Environmental and sustainability
- Extensive experience of estimating gained in highways surfacing
- Experience of operational technical knowledge within highways surfacing
- Degree level qualification or equivalent (Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering is preferred) or demonstratable industry experience
- Membership to a relevant professional institution (desirable)
- Experience of Causeway 3 Estimating software (desirable)
- IT skills – Microsoft Office
Location: Bristol, Avon, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/119/2155