We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior L&D Advisor, a role that will be instrumental in shaping the growth and success of our payroll department. In this pivotal position, you will take the lead in developing an innovative onboarding program for new payroll team members, ensuring a seamless integration into our organisation.
You will have the opportunity to create a specialised payroll academy for entry-level hires, working collaboratively with our Learning & Development, Talent Acquisition, and HR teams. This entails employing diverse learning methodologies, delivery formats, and addressing participant needs to craft a well-structured program that aligns effectively with our desired outcomes.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone dedicated to fostering talent and driving professional development with a payroll background.
Please note: While this position is primarily remote-based, we want to be clear about the associated travel expectations. Regular travel to various sites or offices (e.g., Grimsby, Leeds) will be necessary for in-person training sessions as part of your responsibilities. This may involve up to 3 days per week during the initial 6 months.
What will you be doing?
As a Senior L&D Advisor in this team, your responsibilities will be as follows:
- Leading the development of an onboarding (training) program for new payroll team members.
- Creating a payroll academy for entry-level hires in collaboration with the broader L&D, Talent Recruitment, and HR teams. This involves considering various learning methodologies, delivery formats, and participant needs to ensure a well-structured program that aligns with desired outcomes.
- Overseeing the onboarding process for all new payroll team members.
- Managing the ACT payroll skills assessment platform, identifying knowledge gaps, and ensuring active engagement with the platform. Reporting completion rates of ACT modules to the Senior Leadership Team (SLT).
- Facilitating cross-skilling initiatives within the Managed Services payroll teams.
- Providing pastoral care and support to new hires and apprentices, especially during their onboarding phase.
- Collaborating with the broader L&D team to establish a comprehensive development framework for payroll employees.
- Assisting hiring managers in the recruitment and onboarding processes.
- Collaborating with the L&D team to design a training program for payroll managers, ensuring all managers, new and existing, follow an appropriate development journey.
- Working closely with HR Business Partners (HRBP), Recruitment, and the Talent team on various people programs and initiatives.
- Reporting on predefined key performance indicators (KPIs) and delivering weekly updates to the SLT.
- Coordinating with the wider Managed Services team to establish an appropriate Learning Management System (LMS) playbook for payroll.
- Identifying learning needs within the Managed Services payroll team and addressing any knowledge or learning gaps.
- Monitoring and reviewing training records through the LMS.
- Providing support to external suppliers when necessary.
- Contributing to the development and implementation of evaluation mechanisms to gauge the effectiveness and impact of training programs. This involves collecting participant feedback, analysing data, generating reports for review, and using insights to drive continuous improvement while making recommendations for future development initiatives.
What are we looking for?
This role is ideal for candidates with the following skills and experiences:
- Proven experience leading payroll teams within a managed payroll environment
- Hands-on experience in the design and delivery of training programs (desirable).
- Possess a recognised payroll qualification, e.g. CIPP, etc. (desirable).
In addition to the core skills/experience above, the following competencies are essential for success in this position:
- Excellent communication skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Strong influencing skills, enabling the ability to inspire and guide individuals toward shared objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to develop others, fostering a collaborative and growth-oriented team environment.
We occasionally close vacancies early in the event that we receive a high volume of applications. Therefore we recommend you apply as soon as possible.
Salary: Competitive plus bonus
Location: Grimsby, UK Remote, Leeds, Stockton-On-Tees