At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
As a Senior Manager, Technical Design & Costing, you'll be responsible for leading the Burberry Global Store Design Fit-out specifications and details book, with specific management and responsibility for the technologies and MEP sections in Burberry stores. Alongside this, you'll be overseeing construction cost analysis and value engineering across the EMEIA region for all design, architecture and construction projects, with all aspects coming together to achieve the vision of Burberry’s stores and pop ups.
- Partnering with internal and external stakeholders across design and construction teams on global store design fit-out specifications, where you will be leading, managing and owning on technology and MEP sections
- Regularly sharing and briefing teams around Burberry's current concept, ensuring all teams are up to date and consistently delivering the Burberry aesthetic by identifying and establishing procedures, processes and technology solutions
- Identifying and implementing specific solutions for complex design standards, focusing on brand aesthetics, feasibility, sustainability, maintainability and cost effectiveness
- Assembling & building prototypes to fulfil design concepts
- Directing concepts and providing consultations to various teams regarding technical questions and comments
- Evaluating and managing construction costs on a global scale, advising teams on performance and value engineering opportunities
- Measuring and reporting on project cost and resources performance, and working closely with Procurement in identifying where cost savings can be achieved throughout the supply chain
- Creating and managing a global construction resource use schedule based on yearly planning, with a view to creating a global network of construction resources for regional teams
- Experience in a technical design and costing role within a global business
- Degree education or higher within Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or similar
- Thorough knowledge of high end retail store planning, detailing of construction costs and operations
- Ablity to understand technical sketches and CAD drawings
- Proven problem-solving analytical skills with an ability to embrace change enthusiastically
- Experience high end retail store fit-out is a plus
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.