The Council is looking to expand its portfolio objectives to include climate emergency measures, protect and promote employment, protecting High Streets, with particular emphasis on reviewing masterplan areas within the district and identifying development opportunities.
As a Senior Regeneration Surveyor you will lead on a portfolio of projects for property development investigating and recommending opportunities for the use of land. You will formulate a comprehensive acquisition and development programme for delivery of Council plans to generate an increased commercial return from development opportunities, new acquisitions, and disposals.
- In the role you will lead a portfolio of projects and deliver technical, enforcement and regulation services to support the business planning.
- You will manage the Regeneration Surveyor and multi-disciplinary groups of professionals and external consultants, assembled for individual projects. Giving technical advice, guidance and training to the team, you will support project objectives ensure outcomes are achieved and that technical work is carried out satisfactorily and within budget.
- You will influence and have input to the preparation of plans and budgets for services, taking account of external developments and priorities and completed to set time scales.
- Developing innovative solutions to technical issues, you will ensure that appropriate solutions are proposed and consult on issues with regard to wider implications whilst meeting service regulations and codes of practice.
- You will develop, implement and monitor policies and procedures ensuring they are up to date, relevant useful and interpret the latest legislation, regulations and codes of practice and ensure they are applied consistently.
- We require you to prepare and present reports ensuring that they are completed on time and meet Council guidelines and provide a clear summary of budget, risks and benefits.
- You will represent the Council and advocate the Council’s interest as expert witness as and when required.