Shift Hours: 40 hours pw –
our potential plus our commitment changes lives
Senior Support Worker provide a vital part in providing the people we support with the care and ability to improve their quality of life.
We are currently looking for a Senior Support Worker to join our team in Llanelli.
This role requires the role holder to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 unless clinically exempt.
Ty Undeb supports and accommodates 7 adults with long term mental health issues and complex needs. We activity encourage the individuals we support to engage in the local community and to learn new skills. We pride ourselves on our person centred working relationships that we developed with the people we support. Our professional working relationships have enabled many individuals to develop the skills and confidence to move on, and become independent and part of the wider community.
This is a Full-Time position will include days, evenings weekends and night shifts.
As one of the UK’s leading providers of care and support services to vulnerable adults, National Care Group fully appreciate the amazing and life-changing work our Care Workers do. That is why we offer:
- A Competitive hourly rate of £10.15
- 33 Days annual leave inclusive of bank / public holidays
- First class, engaging care specific training for you and your teams
- Unrivalled career development opportunities – we believe in promoting from within
- Access to Digital Perks where you can gain discounts on gym memberships, shopping, theme parks, travel and more
- Rewards and recognition for your hard work
Senior Support Worker Role and Responsibilities:
- To assist the senior management to assess people we support needs, with a Person-Centred Framework and the Supporting People Initiative.
- Assist to facilitate and support the people we support to integrate within their local community.
- Identifying training needs of other staff and co-ordinate training initiatives in consultation with the Registered Manager.
- Working with people we support to initiate and develop new ideas and methods regarding the quality of service delivery in conjunction with other colleagues.
- Keep up-to-date with changes by participating in discussions, training sessions and workshops when required to do so.
- Have a full understanding of Care Standards.
- Maintain a high standard of professional conduct and morale by encouraging and motivating staff morale by personal example, and appearance.
- Assist the management with the co-ordination, supervision and monitoring of staff work and practices
- Co-ordinate the arrangements of resident appointments
- Assist management to organise regular (monthly) House meetings
- Administer medications when required, in line with prescription guidelines
The Ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum Level 2 In Health and Social Care QCF/NVQ
- Experience supporting adults with mental health conditions and/or learning disabilities.
- Mentoring others in a team.
- The ability to speak in Welsh is desirable.