What’s your idea of working in care? We’d love to share a glimpse of life at Salutem with you!
Firstly, let’s talk about the people we support. Mark is our Karaoke king, Matty can walk for miles any day of the week, and Leslie loves going to the beach.
Could you be the friend they need to help them live their best lives?
We’re Salutem and we are committed to making a positive impact on the lives of thousands of children and adults in England and Wales across our residential homes, schools and day centres.
Support Workers at Salutem support people like Mark, Matty and Leslie to overcome any personal challenges each day so they can achieve outstanding outcomes. Individuals in our Salutem family may have disabilities or require complex care, but that doesn’t stop them from having fun, laughing hard and loving life.
Each day will be different, and the main focus of your role is to provide daily support to adults in our residential services. It’s definitely not a normal 9-5, you can workdays, nights, and flexible shifts too. Talking of 'dream’ jobs, some of our shifts are sleep-ins!
In this role you will be expected to:
- Be able to demonstrate a warm, person centred and affirmative approach to people with learning disabilities
- Administer medication in line with our procedures
- Put together and maintain comprehensive individual care plans for the people we support
- Keep records and report and follow through on incidents as they arise
- Help people using services perform activities of daily living such as bathing and using the toilet.
- To ensure the highest quality of care for the people we support we will provide you with easily accessible training, including bespoke specialist training that reflects the needs of people using services and your personal development.
In regards to benefits, at Salutem, any day can be a payday. That’s right, you can withdraw up to 30% of your wages via Wagestream, so if you need some cash, we’ve got you covered.
As a keyworker in the Care sector, you’ll hold a valued role in society. You’ll qualify for discounts with a Blue Light card and we’re signed up to Perkbox which offers over 200 exclusive perks and discounts. If you qualify for a pension scheme and choose to opt in, we’ll support you to pay into this.
Inductions and training are a priority, and we’re committed to supporting you to find your feet when you join us. We’ll pay for any training you need to do your job. We also have an internal staff communications app, Blink, where everyone has a voice and can lean on each other for daily support, and celebrate success too.
For a more confidential chat you can access the Employee Support Helpline, to support you with any issues including financial advice, health and well-being and more.
We have a massive duty of care towards those we support who are often the most vulnerable in society, which is why our staff are encouraged to keep up to date with vaccines and focus on self-care too.
You can find out more about us on our recruitment site. There’s information about the team, our benefits, training and importantly what makes us 'HumanKind’. If you like the look of us, register your interest for a role. You never know, you might find a job to love, just around the corner!