Cygnet Hospital Maidstone is our state-of-the-art, 63 bed mental health facility for adults situated in the Kent Medical Campus in Maidstone.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Support Worker to lead members of the Support Worker team under the direction of the clinical team, providing provision of care, ensuring patients retain as much of their dignity and individuality as possible as well as being involved in the general activities of the Hospital.
You will be working on Roseacre Ward which is our 16 bed Highly Specialised Personality Disorder Service
As a hands-on Senior Support Worker you will role model the behaviours we aspire to as a hospital and provide guidance and supervision to a team of support workers to ensure delivery of person-centred support. You will represent Cygnet Values and be charged with extra duties and responsibilities on shift, promote a good work ethic and support the team, ensuring the shift runs smoothly as well as holding the role of Champion on your ward.
This role would suit someone who has a lot of experience in a mental health in-patient hospital and is looking to step-up and take on more responsibilities, looking for a new challenge; someone who loves their job wants to go further in healthcare.
You will be working an average of 38.5hrs per week covering 12.5 hour shifts on a rota basis which will include days, nights and weekends.
In this role you’ll:
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with each individual and other staff
- Ensure that clients are assessed and supported in a safe environment
- Assist each individual with their medical and welfare needs and to report as required, which may include the administration of emergency ‘when required’ medication
- Undertake key-working responsibilities for individuals accessing the service
- Support induction for new Support Workers
- Ensure service users notes are compliant
- Participate in clinical audit
- Have an active role in service development
- Enhance the culture of openness and transparency
- Impact positive morale and work ethic
We’re looking for people who have:
- Previous experience in inpatient mental health setting
- NVQ level 2/3 qualification in health and social care
- Positive attitude to people with Mental Health problems
- Evidence of successfully dealing with challenging situations
- Ability to form effective working relationships with Service Users and colleagues
- Ability to undertake physical tasks involving patient care
- Ability to demonstrate good literacy and numeracy skills
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Good IT skills
- Demonstrate an understanding of caring for people with Mental Health problems
- Demonstrate an understanding of recovery approaches to mental health
In return we’ll offer you:
- Full training and Induction
- Regular coaching and support
- DBS paid
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Company paid Life Assurance scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
- Health Cash Plan
- Subsidised meals on duty
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
If you are interested in the role, please forward over your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Reference: CYG34885