At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Service Manager to join our friendly team based in Knowsley. Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds
The successful candidate in this role will specifically focus on the following tasks and responsibilities including:
- Providing leadership, guidance, and direction to the Knowsley Highway Term Maintenance contract, ensuring that all stated objectives, aims and targets of the contract associated projects are fully achieved.
- To provide Client interface and lead on the management of resources necessary to deliver the full scope of works on the contract.
- The Service Manager will support and work with the local contract and national teams to develop and maximise financial budgets, ensuring full compliance with business policies and procedures, whilst driving best practice and continuous improvement and delivery of contract KPI’s.
- Lead and ensure delivery of the Contract
- Delivery of Contract Budget(s)
- Drive the effective management of any exposure to both financial and contractual risk, maximising financial return on all contracts and ensuring prompt cash collection within contract provisions.
- Develop & maintain key client relationships.
- Work closely with internal and external supply to reduce delays and costs incurred through delivery patterns
- To drive performance improvements within your Area of responsibility and share best practice across the business.
- Effective management, coaching and development of all direct reports and drive full employee engagement.
- To ensure policies and procedures including health and safety requirements are fully compliant with legislation, and changes are effectively communicated.
- Drive performance improvement in relations to zero tolerance towards accidents, instilling a culture of health and safety best practice by setting a personal example. Drive the SHE improvement plan.
We are looking for a candidate who possesses:
- Managerial Experience – proven management experience, ideally within the Contracting industry and Highways Maintenance service delivery
- Product / Service Technical Knowledge
- Health & Safety NEBOSH or IOSH Certified
- IT Literate Word Excel, Project, PowerPoint and Google Chrome
- Operational technical Knowledge
- Estimating / Costing / Financial Management Systems
- Company Procedures & QA Requirements
- Proven Management experience
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Effective communication skills
Location: Liverpool, Merseyside, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/115/2295