At Griffiths, our people are our company. The way in which we treat people – both our employees and the communities in which we live and work – is a core value that has driven our continued growth over the past five decades. We also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue our growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of our industry. We are a Welsh regional civil engineering and construction contractor with our head office based in Abergavenny. Operating out of regional centres across Wales and England we construct new roads, bridges and railways as well as maintaining existing developments.
In 2018, Griffiths became part of Tarmac, the UK’s leading sustainable building materials business and a wholly owned subsidiary of CRH. Griffiths has over 1,000 employees operating across 100 sites or schemes at any given time.
We are currently looking to recruit a Site Agent to join our team in South West Wales. We are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Based in South West Wales, the Site Agent shall manage, supervise and mentor Sub-Agents, Engineers and Works Manager to ensure high levels of engineering control, efficient productivity and appropriate records. They will also:
- Ensure the delivery of the Project on time, to budget and to the standard of quality required
- Comply and implement the companies Integrated Management System procedures and guidance and promote its implementation with the Project Team
- Develop a proactive working relationship with Clients, Consultants and all Company personnel
- Familiarise themselves with all Contract Documentation and Drawings including Company Management Plans to ensure the safe and efficient delivery of the Project
- Implement and address items requested by the Project Manager, and review the Contract Programme for their Section and inform of any improvements or concerns
- Promote and lead the site safety culture, ensuring that all works are carried out in a planned, controlled and safe manner, in accordance with statutory regulations, current standards, and the Company SHEQ standards
We are looking for a candidate who possesses the following skills/experience:
- Experience within a similar role or working environment
- Strong personal and organisational skills
- Strong communication and IT skills
- Good attention to detail
- To be self-motivated and be able to prioritise and manage workload
- To be responsive to the needs of internal and external customers and colleagues
- Preferably a further education qualification e.g. Degree or HND/HNC (ideally relatable to Civil Engineering)
- CSCS qualification
- Proven experience of Highway Construction and maintenance
- A good understanding of current methods and up to date knowledge of specifications and contract principles
- SMSTS/IOSH preferable
Location: Neath, West Glamorgan, Wales
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/102/1377