Shift hours: Full Time
To increase programme testing capacity for COVID-19, a mobile testing operating model was established in mid-April. Mobile Testing Units currently enable self-administered testing, by setting up a small site at strategic locations near fixed regional test site.
We are seeking to recruit Site Managers to lead the overall management of the Mobile Testing Unit and coordination of operations. You will operate the site strictly in line with all health directives and policy and procedures issued by Government and provide feedback to central teams and the base of operations.
Typical working hours on average are from 7.00am – 6.00pm with rest breaks in-between and will be on a rota of 3 days on and then 3 days off. Due to the nature of the role, you will need to have a valid UK driving license with a minimum of 2 years driving experience and no more than 6 points on your licence. You will also need access to your own vehicle as you will be required to drive the Mobile Test Unit to and from site each day.
The Rapid Test Site will change from day to day and you will need to be prepared to travel up to an hour’s distance without travel expenses from the Rapid Test Site that will be assigned to with less than 48 hours notice. You will have to ensure that whilst travelling to site, you are adhering to government guidelines and social distancing measures.
Sodexo reserves the right to alter the site location and close this advert early if we are in receipt of a high number of applications.
Please note, your driving licence will be subject to a compliance check upon application.
- Overall management of the Mobile Testing Unit and coordination of operations, fully supporting the Area Manager with additional tasks as required.
- Provide feedback to central teams and the base of operations within the deadlines provided
- Ensure supply of test kits and PPE to testers, managing ongoing inventory
- Read and interpret directives and documentation issued and ensure latest version is in use
- Carry out instructions provided in a written, oral or diagram form
- Problem-solve and create solutions to complex problems
- Keeping records, ensuring safety regulations and procedures are adhered to
- Leadership and supervisory practices
- Manage personnel resources and train, motivate and coach the team to deliver service excellence
- Understanding of Regulatory Requirements
- Required to drive the Mobile Testing vehicle to and from site each day.
- Ensure all necessary documentation is finalized daily and unit is ready for next deployment.
- Rostering and management of staff time sheets inclusive of timely reporting of anomalies in accordance to company guidelines.
Due to the nature of the role, applicants must be 23 or over and must be in general good health. Applicants must also have a valid, driving licence (manual gearbox) with no more than 6 points on their licence and access to their own vehicle.
Applicants must have native or bilingual proficiency level English.
Applicants must not be classified as, or live with anyone classified as, a COVID Clinically Extremely Vulnerable (High Risk). A full list of risk factors can be found on the government website.
Applicants will also not be considered if they have travelled outside the UK in the past 2 weeks
- Commitment to the work and to following the strict guidelines and procedures required
- Experience working with members of the public/patients
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a supportive nature
- Must be able to physically stand for several hours with good mobility
- Willingness to work in an outdoor environment
- Demonstrable experience of working in a Managerial role
- Good standard of general education
- Full, clean driving licence with access to own car
- Working knowledge of MS office; including Word, Excel and Teams
- Adaptability and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of PPE practices is desirable, however training is provided
- First aid trained
- Cleaning and sterilisation experience
- Experience of transporting medical waste (the collection of PPE and biohazard waste)
- Experience working in a medical, clinical or health environment
Location: Cardiff, England