Location: Crown Office Row, London, EC4Y
The Honourable Society of The Inner Temple, situated on the banks of the Thames, is one of the few remaining Georgian style event halls in the City of London. Teamed with its surroundings of a three acre private garden, the Inner Temple is one of Searcys' most exquisite event venues.
Searcys is steeps in rich heritage and is passionate about its people, therefore offers industry leading benefits which include:
- 50% discount across Searcys venues
- 31 days annual leave, plus extra leave at Christmas
- Overtime paid at Time and a Half
- Enrolment into the Searcys pension scheme
- Access to everyday discounts and communication portal
- Access to online GP and medical benefits
- Employee assistance programme and qualified Mental Health First Aiders
- Meals provided on shift
- Your birthday off to celebrate in style
- A day off to volunteer and give back to a charity of your choice
The Restaurant Sous Chef will lead the kitchen for the Inner Temple Private Members' Restaurant, which is open Monday to Friday. They will be responsible for smooth running of the kitchen, menu creation and design, and ensuring the restaurant stays up to date with food trends.
Salary: up to £34,000, plus gratuities
- To provide food and service to a consistent high standard within the restaurant
- To assist training of junior staff
- To be responsible for ordering of all ingredients
- To place order directly with suppliers
- To plan, cost and develop the menus, in line with the seasons
- Responsible to manage stock levels of that specific area including ordering when required as well as waste control.
- Ensure the presentation of the food is consistent with the standards set by senior chefs.
- To comply with all legal requirements with particular reference to (but not exclusively) fire regulations, security, licence requirements and any Local Authority or Client stipulations.
- To ensure all Health, Hygiene and Safety requirements are being adhered to
- As described in the Searcy Health & Safety Policy, including best practices to ensure personal hygiene at all times.
- Demonstrate Personal Development.
- Any other reasonable request by the Senior Management.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a similar role and position
- Excellent communication skills
- Takes the initiative
- Excellent time management
- Supportive team player
- Demonstrates high level of organisation
- Excellent record keeping.
- To be willing to work the hours and the needs of the business
- To be able to work under pressure and to cope with any unforeseen circumstances
- To have a positive and co-operative attitude.