Salary: £10.37 per hour
Shift hours: Permanent
We’re currently recruiting a dedicated Stores Assistant to help ensure the smooth running of the operations in Healthcare on a part time basis, contracted to 15 hours per week.
As a Stores Assistant, you will use your skills to maintain a high standard of quality work. In return, you will have the chance to progress your career with a company that invests in its people, celebrates individuality, and rewards and recognises employees who go beyond the plate.
- You will working within the Chiller Environment, in a cold area, picking and packing of food and drink items and adding to the trolleys that go onto the wards.
- Lay out food and counter display so they look attractive & inviting
- Ensure all food is stored safely and at the correct legal temperatures.
- Serve all customers in a polite and friendly manner
- To maintain the cleanliness and hygiene of the kitchen and restaurant to promote a safe working environment.
- Awareness of food & hygiene standards
- Passionate about customer care, with the ability to communicate effectively with patients, visitors and healthcare staff.
- Able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team with a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business.
- Confident working in a hospital environment and aware at times you will come in contact with patients that are particularly unwell or showing signs of distress.
- It doesn’t matter if you’ve never worked as a General Assistant before. What does matter to us the most, is taking pride in what you do and a willingness to learn and go the extra mile for our customers
- This position is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service check; costs met by the employer.
Part of Compass Group UK&I, Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
Job Reference: com/2702/71996007/52550535/MEDWJ
Compass Group UK&I is an equal opportunities employer, committed to cultivating diverse and inclusive environments for every employee.