Hello, we’re Starling. We built a new kind of bank because we knew technology had the power to help people save, spend and manage their money in a new and transformative way. We’re a fully licensed UK bank with the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive tech company. We’re a bank, but better: fairer, easier to use and designed to demystify money for everyone. We employ more than 3,000 people across our London, Southampton, Cardiff and Manchester offices.
To support the wider growth and strategic objectives of the business, we are looking for a Strategy Analyst who will be focused on detailed financial and market analysis to support strategic reviews and special projects across Strategy, Corporate Development and Finance. This includes new ventures, capital/debt raising and M&A. You will work closely with the Starling leadership team, including the CEO and CFO.
This role would offer you the unique experience of working at the top level and seeing the inner workings of one of the most exciting FinTechs.
We want to get to know the real you, so please avoid using ChatGPT or similar software within your answers.
- Have 1-3 years experience working in an analytical or investment role, ideally within the financial services sector. You may have worked in a graduate programme in investment banking, a Big 4 firm or in a buy-side firm
- Substantial experience in financial modelling and analysis in Excel
- Take a logical and data-driven approach to any task, even if it’s something you’ve never done before
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, to influence senior stakeholders across the bank
- Ability to work autonomously as well as collaboratively in a team and to function well in a fast-paced startup environment
- Bias for action and getting things done to achieve tangible outcomes
- Demonstrable interest in financial services and/or FinTech, either through relevant work experience or strong market knowledge
- You may be ACA or CFA qualified or working towards either qualification
- Looker or SQL skills will be a bonus
- 25 days holiday (plus take your public holiday allowance whenever works best for you)
- An extra day’s holiday for your birthday
- Annual leave is increased with length of service, and you can choose to buy or sell up to five extra days off
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Salary sacrifice, company enhanced pension scheme
- Life insurance at 4x your salary & group income protection
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth including mental health support and cancer care. Partner benefits include discounts with Waitrose, Mr&Mrs Smith and Peloton
- Generous family-friendly policies
- Incentivised refer a friend scheme
- Perkbox membership giving access to retail discounts, a wellness platform for physical and mental health, and weekly free and boosted perks
- Access to initiatives like Cycle to Work, Salary Sacrificed Gym partnerships and Electric Vehicle (EV) leasing
You may be put off applying for a role because you don’t tick every box. Forget that! While we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’re always open to discussion. So, if you’re excited about working with us, but aren’t sure if you’re 100% there yet, get in touch anyway.
We’re on a mission to radically reshape banking – and that starts with our brilliant team. Whatever came before, we’re proud to bring together people of all backgrounds and experiences who love working together to solve problems.
Starling Bank is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Starling Bank are considered without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that Starling Bank may collect your personal data for recruiting and related purposes. Our Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over our use of your personal information.