The Sully Day Opportunities family is recruiting!
11 hours a week: (2 days shifts on a Wednesday & Friday)
Imagine a job where the working day isn’t long enough.. that’s what our team say about working here! There’s so much fun to be had, and everything we work towards is adding positive vibes to people’s lives.
We offer 1:1 support to individuals with a range of physical disabilities. We have a fully equipped sensory room and bespoke care plans for those we support. Every day is different.
The people we support love spending time here as they can make friends, get out and about, enjoy activities together and have a good time. If you’d like to find a job to love, contact us to find out more.
Now we've shared a glimpse of what it's like to work for us, let us introduce ourselves. We’re Salutem and we are committed to making a positive impact on the lives of thousands of children and adults in England and Wales across our residential homes, schools and day centres. Our dedicated support teams empower individuals to overcome any obstacles and live the life they choose.
We are looking for energetic, enthusiastic and committed Support Workers to provide support and personal care to customers to actively participate in a wide range of activities at the centre and in the local community. Ideally with experience in a similar field, you will either have or be willing to work towards, a QCF 2 qualification.
This is a 2 day post, the working hours are 5.5 a hours during the day Wednesday and Friday. Additional days may be required to cover holidays and sickness. The ability to drive an adapted car is preferable. We are committed to equal opportunities. We particularly welcome applications from disabled people and guarantee interviews to suitably qualified disabled applicants.
We’re committed to supporting the wellbeing of our team and our benefits package has something for everyone – including these key highlights:
– £75 cost of living bonus – We’re supporting our team with a monthly pre-tax bonus when they need it most.*
– Competency Frameworks and Pay Scales – We have a development and reward initiative in place for all our individual colleagues and teams, showing clear career pathways, progression & promotion opportunities, and pay scales to work towards if desired.
– Perkbox – Get over 200 exclusive perks and discounts, plus wellbeing and wellness content.
– Blue Light Card – Working in social care, all our staff qualify for thousands of discounts in shops, restaurants, and venues on the high street with a Blue Light Card. You can register to get 2-years access to the Blue Light Card for £4.99 and reclaim this cost via our expenses process.
– Wagestream – Any day can be payday with Wagestream, as you can withdraw some of your wages earned early.*
– Care Friends, Refer-a-Friend Scheme – Instantly earn points and cash rewards for referring people you know for roles at Salutem.
– Sovereign Health Care Plan – Affordable cover to help with your healthcare and private medical costs.
– Canada Life, Group Life Assurance – To protect all our staff from day one of employment, we provide a Death in Service benefit via Canada Life, which is offered at 1 x your annual salary.
– Blink, our internal communications app – Giving you a voice and a sense of community across the organisation.
– Pension scheme – for all qualifying staff
– Free DBS check (Disclosure and Barring Service)
As an organisation, we're committed to supporting our teams and offering a range of perks that look after your financial, mental, emotional and physical wellbeing.
*Terms and conditions apply.
We have a massive duty of care towards those we support who are often the most vulnerable in society, which is why our staff are encouraged to keep up to date with vaccines and focus on self-care too.
We hope this gives you a little glimpse into this role and vibe of our organisation. We want everyone at Salutem to live their best lives, and look forward to hearing from you too! #applynow