The Houghton Regis Family are recruiting!
We support adults with a variety of learning and physical disabilities to live their best lives at this 8-bed residential home in Bedfordshire.
From coffee mornings to cooking classes, shopping to singing, we love to do a range of activities that are chosen by the individuals we support.
One of the staff members at Houghton Regis has worked here for 18 years. She recently said “We are at the centre of the community; we’re close to the park and we’re not far from London. There’s an excellent atmosphere here and no one ever loses sight of what’s important. It’s home away from home, and every day is different”
Our team work hard to create a great life for those we support, and we don't forget to have lots of fun on the way. Find out more if you're interested in a job to love!
Now we've shared a glimpse of what it's like to work for us, let us introduce ourselves. We’re Salutem and we are committed to making a positive impact on the lives of thousands of children and adults in England and Wales across our residential homes, schools and day centres. Our dedicated support teams empower individuals to overcome any obstacles and live the life they choose.
Each day will be different, and the main focus of your role is to provide daily support to adults in our residential services. It’s definitely not a normal 9-5, you can work days, nights, and flexible shifts too. Talking of ‘dream’ jobs, some of our shifts are sleep-ins!
We want the best for everyone we support and that's what makes us a family. If you have the ability to support someone to feel at home, be their true self, and do what makes their heart happy – we want to hear from you. This is a meaningful role and will suit someone who is looking to make a difference and make memories that'll last a lifetime.
We’re committed to supporting the wellbeing of our team and our benefits package has something for everyone – including these key highlights:
– £75 cost of living bonus – We’re supporting our team with a monthly pre-tax bonus when they need it most.*
– Competency Frameworks and Pay Scales – We have a development and reward initiative in place for all our individual colleagues and teams, showing clear career pathways, progression & promotion opportunities, and pay scales to work towards if desired.
– Perkbox – Get over 200 exclusive perks and discounts, plus wellbeing and wellness content.
– Blue Light Card – Working in social care, all our staff qualify for thousands of discounts in shops, restaurants, and venues on the high street with a Blue Light Card. You can register to get 2-years access to the Blue Light Card for £4.99 and reclaim this cost via our expenses process.
– Wagestream – Any day can be payday with Wagestream, as you can withdraw some of your wages earned early.*
– Care Friends, Refer-a-Friend Scheme – Instantly earn points and cash rewards for referring people you know for roles at Salutem.
– Sovereign Health Care Plan – Affordable cover to help with your healthcare and private medical costs.
– Canada Life, Group Life Assurance – To protect all our staff from day one of employment, we provide a Death in Service benefit via Canada Life, which is offered at 1 x your annual salary.
– Blink, our internal communications app – Giving you a voice and a sense of community across the organisation.
– Pension scheme – for all qualifying staff
– Free DBS check (Disclosure and Barring Service)
As an organisation, we're committed to supporting our teams and offering a range of perks that look after your financial, mental, emotional and physical wellbeing.
*Terms and conditions apply.
We have a massive duty of care towards those we support who are often the most vulnerable in society, which is why our staff are encouraged to keep up to date with vaccines and focus on self-care too.
We hope this gives you a little glimpse into this role and vibe of our organisation. We want everyone at Salutem to live their best lives, and look forward to hearing from you too! #applynow
These pay rates are applicable from 1st April 2023