Hours: Day and night shifts of 07.15 – 19.30 & 19.15 – 07.30
Salary Details: £10.25 per hour
Are you looking for a new challenge that is rewarding and will genuinely make a difference in people’s lives? Are you looking for a role that is varied and provides opportunities for progression? If the answer is ‘yes’, then a career in Care is just for you!
We are now recruiting Support Workers on a full-time basis to work with young people and adults with mental health problems, learning disabilities and autism at Oakwood House based in Stoke-on-Trent.
Benefits of working for us:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Full or part time positions available
- Training & Development, Care Certificate & Beyond – CareTech offers many solutions to building a successful career in the social care sector through the use of extensive training and development with the possibilities to earn care certificates along with many other certifications.
- Guaranteed hour contracts
- Paid for training – you will be compensated for your induction period and all the training you receive during that time as well.
- Paid DBS
- Holiday pay
- Pension Scheme
- Care recognition awards
- We are looking for candidates that have a real passion to support others along with delivering the highest standards of care. The ideal candidates will adopt a professional approach to our tenants care at all times whilst establishing relationships with tenants and their carers
- To assist the senior team with the assessment of individual tenant needs, planning, delivery and evaluation of care for a number of individuals or groups of tenants / tenants, including following the clinical risk assessment plan.
- To exercise a reasonable and agreed degree of professional autonomy and make judgements and decisions in order to satisfy the expectations and demands of the job.
- To undertake clinical work related tasks as delegated by senior staff, following appropriate training and assessment of competency.
- To undertake clinical supervision to further develop competence and clinical practice.
- To liaise effectively with all stakeholders in the care process, including carers and relatives, aspiring to provide an effective, seamless and integrated service to tenants.
- To maintain accurate, legible records of care provided, based upon the care plan incorporating all relevant communication and liaison.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities. The post holder may be required to undertake other duties following appropriate discussion with their line manager.
- Level 2 Health and Social Care (Not Essential)
- Experience in a care setting (Not Essential)
- Good communication skills
- Experience working with young people and/or adults with Learning disabilities, Autism and mental health problems
Who we are:
Oakwood House is a supported living community service in the heart of Stoke-on-Trent city. We support adults with learning disabilities and autistic spectrum disorders to transition from mental health hospitals into a community setting. We have capacity for up to eight adults across two levels. All our rooms have en-suite bathroom facilities, a separate bedroom and lounge and access to a fully equipped shared kitchen area.
Our aim is for our tenants to have every opportunity to enjoy the benefits of community living whilst providing a high quality safe and secure environment. This is achieved by providing support that is individually tailored to their needs and that is underpinned by holistic support plans and detailed risk assessments. We understand that improvements can take time and we utilise graded plans to enable small steps to be made towards greater independence. This includes positive risk taking where appropriate.
The staffing team have a great deal of experience in addressing behaviours of concern. We make use of positive behavioural support (PBS) plans to identify underpinning reasons for behaviours and to develop strategies to address them effectively. We work very closely with our community colleagues including learning disability teams, general practitioners, local authorities, commissioners and the local police. This close-knit working supports our tenants to thrive, live independently and to be as happy as they possibly can.
Coveberry, part of the CareTech family, are a leading speciali
Salary: £10.25 per hours
Location: Stoke-On-Trent, ST4 1EZ