At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently recruiting for a Surfacing Foreperson to join, support and lead a Surfacing team working on the National Pavement Solutions business. This role will be based from our Alrewas site, near Burton-on-Trent Staffordshire and you will be required to travel across the assigned region and further across the UK; dependant of current works requirements.
The role is easily accessible from Birmingham, Coventry, Solihull, Walsall, Redditch, Wolverhampton, Nuneaton, Dudley, Sutton Coldfield, Bromsgrove, Tamworth and surrounding areas.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
The role of Surfacing Foreperson will report directly to the Supervisor. As well as this you will provide supporting guidance on Surfacing matters on behalf of Tarmac National Paving, Pavements and Surfacing to our clients on whose contract/contracts upon which we are operating to ensure their objectives and targets are achieved leading to the successful overall delivery of the project. You as the Surfacing Foreperson will be responsible for:
- Working unsupervised for all Paving, Pavements and Surfacing management duties that you will be trained for and be competent to undertake as part of a team and ensure compliance
- Will be the leader and company ambassador and role model to National Paving, Pavements and Surfacing Operatives on site. Accountable and responsible for ensuring all policies and procedures are followed whilst passing on knowledge through coaching and mentoring
- Support effective planning, programming and delivery of programme of works
- Support achievement of Company and Contractual KPI’s
- H & S – Zero accidents and environmental incidents, additionally promote and develop Health, Safety and wellbeing innovations
- Work collaboratively with Tarmacs Health, Safety & Wellbeing advisor to promote best practice across all works
- Ensure all Health and Safety standards are being adhered too across all works
- Ensure training qualifications and competence requirements are in place and monitored for all employees within their team
- Support to ensure any CDM regulations (principle contractor responsibilities) are being adhered too across all works
- Ensure environmental processes and best practice across the contract
- Report then collate, gather and record relevant information relating to all site issues / incidents & to promote Near miss reporting
You must be able to travel across the region of work, this could be local or the entire UK – overnight accommodation will be arranged for you
A vehicle is provided with this role
To be successful in this role the ideal candidate for the position of Surfacing Foreperson will have experience and knowledge of Paving, Pavements and Surfacing systems. They will also:
- You will have worked within a similar role within the Paving, Pavements and Surfacing industry and have knowledge of on-site Health and Safety policies and procedures associated with the role
- Have the ability to work independently and as part of a team and provide leadership in the role of Surfacing Foreperson
- Possess good communications skills and will be able to liaise with stakeholders of varying seniority levels
- CSCS card
- SSSTS certificate
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Manual Handling
- Have a flexible approach to location and shift patterns in accordance with needs of the business
- CPCS plant operators’ qualifications
- First Aid training & Mental Health First Aid Training
- IOSH training
Salary: Competitive Salary + OT + Vehicle + Benefits + Bonus
Location: Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/115/3020