At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Systems Administrator to join our friendly team based at Tarmac Quorn House Office, Loughborough. Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
In this role you will be reporting directly to the Systems Manager and be responsible for:
- Administration of LIS and supporting the wider LIS Team
- Consulting clients to ascertain project purpose, needs and information required
- Supporting the development of LIS modules and enhancements.
- Collaboration with Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Technician to ensure connectivity between LIS and GIS
- Evaluating the functionality of systems
- Keeping up to date with new technology
- To administer the entry, editing, and archiving of Land Data held within the departmental Land Information System and associated systems
- Development of basic GIS skills
- Provide training and support for the LIS platform
- Creation of best practise standards and assisting in the preparation of presentation materials
The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate previous Systems Administration experience with a good understanding of data administration and management functions (collection, analysis, distribution etc.).
- An analytical mindset with problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build, develop and influence relationships through collaboration
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- A good level of financial understanding and awareness
Location: Loughborough, Leicestershire, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/112/1428