Energean is an independent E&P company focused on developing resources in the Mediterranean and UK North Sea. With presence in nine countries Energean is operating production, development and exploration assets with an excellent HSE track record.
The company has an approximately 70% gas weighted portfolio with more than 800 MMboe 2P reserves and 2C resources and our flagship development assets are the multi-tcf Karish, Karish North and Tanin gas fields, offshore Israel.
Energean is committed to sustainable development and to be a net zero emitter by 2050 contributing to the global net zero target. The company also strives to meet United Nations’ 17 Sustainable Development Goals through its day-to-day operations and a wide range of corporate social responsibility initiatives.
Being an equal opportunity employer and valuing diversity Energean does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
The Tax Specialist will support the related Italian tax reporting, tax compliance, records and maintaining appropriate tax procedures according to relevant legislation and Group policy.
- Support the Tax Manager with the financial reporting including the preparation of the tax computations, current and deferred taxes for the annual and interim financial statements.
- Prepare the annual corporate income tax returns of the company (Ires, Irap and CNM) and ensure compliance with tax reporting and tax payments.
- Prepare the withholding tax agent return – 770 Model – on financial flows only (dividend, interest and royalties).
- Prepare the quarterly VAT communications (LIPE), annual VAT return, Intrastat and manage quarterly and annual VAT refunds with the Italian Tax Authorities.
- Calculate IMU and IMPI taxes and ensure the related payments are made on time.
- Monitor direct and indirect tax procedures and compliance.
- Analyse and implement new or revised tax laws and legislation.
- Review and apply as appropriate of the relevant double tax treaties and EU tax directives on payments to foreign counterparties.
- Assist and collaborate with the accounting team on work activity for achieving accurate and efficient tax entries in the ERP system (S4 Hannah).
- Assist and support the Group’s finance department with all tasks and ad hoc assignments related to tax.
- Assist the accounting team with the intercompany reconciliations and support the external advisor to prepare the local transfer pricing files.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Economics degree.
- Experience in tax compliance, tax reporting which almost certainly include experience in a large company, Big Four or reputable Italian tax practice, with ideally 5-7 years of experience.
- Deep knowledge of the Italian tax legislation.
- Knowledge of accounting environment, including international reporting standards (IAS/IFRS).
- Knowledge of SAP S4 system.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with written and spoken fluency in both Italian and English.
- Well organized, detail-oriented, team player and highly motivated.
- Effective 2-way communicator.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships and communicate across teams.
Please apply online by hitting the ‘Apply’ button.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
This role is being handled by the Energean recruitment team and no agency contact is required.