At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently recruiting for a Traffic Management Operative to join our Traffic Management team working on the National Highways project of works. This role will be based from the Pembrokeshire area and you will be required to travel across the assigned region of works; dependant of current work requirements. The role is easily accessible from Swansea, Port Talbot, Saunders Foot, Carmarthen, Narberth, Birchgrove, Cross Hands, St Clears, Red Roses, Whitland, Llanelli, Llangennech, Pontarddulais, Morriston, Llangyfelach and surrounding areas.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As a Traffic Management Operative you will be responsible; as a part of a team, to work and support the successful delivery of traffic management schemes by Tarmac and our sub-contractors to achieve the successful overall delivery of the project.
Other responsibilities for this role of Traffic Management Operative will include:
- The installation, maintenance, removal and recording of temporary traffic management and control systems
- Working unsupervised for all general traffic management duties which you will be trained for and be competent to undertake as part of a team
- Completing traffic management day to day responsibilities upon instruction of the Foreman/Supervisor
- Support H & S – Zero accidents and environmental incidents
- Ensure all Health and Safety standards are being adhered too across all works
- Assist and When designated lead TMO, lead the on-site investigation process, report then collate, gather, and record relevant information relating to all site issues and incidents
- Work to ensure any CDM regulations (principle contractor responsibilities) are being adhered too across all works
- Support environmental processes and best practice across the contract
- Ensure traffic management compliance
- Collaborate, promote and develop Health, Safety and wellbeing innovations
You must be able to travel across the region of work, this could be local or the Wales and Bordering Counties – overnight accommodation will be arranged for you
We are open to individual applications or from established Gangs/Teams
To be successful in the role of Traffic Management Operative you will ideally have experience of working within a similar role within a busy working environment. You will also:
- Have experience of working within a similar role in the Highways industry
- Possess good communication skills
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Possess knowledge of Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Have a flexible approach to location and shift patterns in accordance with needs of the business
- Be able to liaise with contractor/client and members of public in a courteous and professional manner
- A valid and Full UK Driving Licence
- Manual Handling
- NHSS 12D (or 12A/B TMO skills card)
- Experience in all Highways Works / Highways Maintenance
- LGV/HGV licence
- NHSS 12D M6
Salary: Competitive + OT + Bonus + Excellent Benefits
Location: Swansea, West Glamorgan, Wales
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/67621/3128