Up to £24,000 depending on experience
Our people are everything to us. The way they deliver exceptional experiences every day for our customers, for their colleagues. The way they own what they do. Their ‘Why’s it like that?’ curiosity. How they always think of others and work together to get things done. For us, for you, make do will never do. Good enough? Not even close. Come and do the best work of your life alongside lovely colleagues. Come to Saga.
With two brand new, purpose-built cruise ship launched, and market leading, innovative insurance and financial products the Saga Group is an extremely exciting place to be.
Uniquely in the travel industry, Saga and Titan customers benefit from an award-winning in-house transfer service taking them from their homes to airport or port of departure. We are right now looking for a Transport Planner to join us.
In this role, you will understand and maintain all aspects of our in-house scheduling system to ensure our customers have the best journeys to start off their holiday adventures. You will be focused on supplying logical and efficient routes for all transfer journeys to fleet drivers and third-party contractors through the maintenance and understanding of our scheduling system.
You will have excellent organisational skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines. You will bring the ambition to achieve the best results for our customers.
And in return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of a role which is integral to our business, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
If you are an experienced Transport Planner, then we want to hear from you!
This role involves travel to our Redhill-based office 2-3 times a week
- Provide our reservation system with pick up times, within a set period, a minimum of four weeks at present prior to departure dates
- Supply logical and efficient routes for all transfer journeys to fleet drivers and third-party contractors
- Maintain the rules and parameters set by the company to ensure that drivers do not exceed their working hours
- Maintain and update all systems and other separate databases with new information when required
- Be aware and act upon all changes, cancellations, queries and any alterations, which may affect the efficiency of any route
- Maintain a record of any future customer/business journey requests
- Contribute to maintaining a high level of housekeeping and attention to health and safety issue to create a healthy and safe working environment
- Will drive for results and challenge to reach the best outcome
- Have a strong customer centred focus
- Analytically approach all aspects of their work to achieve the most economic transport plans
Our values are:
- Precision Pace – Always owning and making things happen.
- Empathy – Always aware of others.
- Curiosity – Always asking why.
- Collaboration – Always one team, the Saga team!
Job Reference: saga/TP/54485/1657