At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Transport Manager, to deliver a safe & efficient transport service to the Euromix Concrete business.
In addition, the transport manager will be responsible for managing all relevant documents and information to deliver the most efficient schedule along with ensuring the company meets all statutory obligations of the rules and regulations in respect of Operator Licence, transport legislation and Company procedures. In addition you will be required to develop and deliver a Transport Strategy in line with the businesses growth plans.
- Manage induction, training and development plans, briefings for all drivers
- Ensure all drivers are suitably trained, including Driver CPC requirements and customer service training
- Ensure all vehicles are maintained and serviced in line with regulation and guidelines
- Responsible for ensuring all documents are up to date and appropriately recorded and filed to ensure regulations are fully met
- Ensure fleet is right sized to regular foretasted demand
- Identify and implement Transport Safety Improvement Plans
- Undertake H&S investigations as required
- To drive performance improvements
- Certificate of Professional Competence with refresher completed within last 5 years
- FORS Practitioner
- GCSE Maths and English grade C or above, or equivalent
- Experience of a multi-site transport operation running 50 plus vehicles
- Transport legislation regarding ‘O’ Licence, Drivers Hours, Maintenance, Vehicle Records, Construction and Use Regulations
- Road Health and Safety Management
- Contract Management
- Contract Negotiation
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
Location: Chelmsford, Essex, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/112/1816