Hopkins Concrete Ltd is the leading concrete business in Somerset and Devon. Our innovative products and solutions deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the local economy. We offer exciting, challenging careers that provide excellent development opportunities and an attractive remuneration (including overtime rate) and benefits package for the right calibre of applicant.
Due to our continued growth we are currently looking for a Transport Manager to be part of our team covering the Somerset and Devon region.
Hopkins, as part of Tarmac, is working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds, therefore prior technical experience isn’t always necessary for success.
Reporting directly to the Senior Transport Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for delivering safe and industry-leading fleet solutions, through operator behaviours and our customer experience across the region. In this role you will be expected to maximise the competitive advantage and reduce reputational risk through ensuring compliance (FORS & CLOCS), and act as an ambassador for Hopkins with customers.
- Working as part of a busy team of transport managers and transport account managers to deliver the logistics road map and strategy within an operational area
- Deliver an industry-leading standard in health, safety, well-being and environmental driven through embedded engagement
- Ensure the Hopkins supply chain operates efficiently and effectively, by reviewing the transport model and implementing the right mix of ICH, 3PL, own fleet where applicable
- Support the delivery of our industry-leading transport, engaging hauliers, utilising multiple vehicles
- Working with key stakeholders to deliver results in safety and cost, using integrated cost reporting, tracking and transformational analytics
- Lead and champion Hopkins and Tarmac goal of zero harm goal
- Support the development and assist in leading ‘proud driver’ culture, making them an integral part of the business and be industry-leading in the utilisation of research and expertise in driver behaviour
- Collaborate in the supply chain optimisation and innovation through planning, procurement and logistics
- Focus on improvements in business results and moving forward opportunities, seizing chances to increase productivity, reduce cost, improve profit and revenues
The ideal candidate should be able to evidence previous experience working as a Transport Manager gained within transport or fleet environment and have
- Proven people management and coaching skills
- Ability to manage contracts and contractors
- A demonstrable track record of contract negotiations
- Knowledge of financial reporting and process awareness
- Proven experience in managing road health and safety
- Ability to communicate with a range of stakeholders at varying levels of seniority
- Ability to challenge on a process and behavioural level
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
Location: Wincanton, Somerset, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/97/1782