Everyone at Starling gets the chance to own interesting things from day one, and we’re told one of the best things about working here is the ability to achieve a lot in a short space of time.
Our aim is to give customers clarity and control over their money by allowing customers to manage their money entirely through the Starling banking app. The app is connected to 24/7/365 support – the customer service team is at the heart of our company.
As a team leader, you inspire and motivate your team to give the best service to our customers. You lead from the front, showcasing your finely tuned customer service skills on a daily basis. Not only that, we look to you to share solutions that will make our’s, and our customers lives, better.
This role will be responsible for covering the hours 3.30pm – 12am. 37.5 Hours a week between Monday – Sunday.
You will be given a 4 week rotation. 5 days on, 2 days off. You will have 2 full weekends off out of 4.
- Positively influence and contribute to the team culture.
- Motivate, coach and develop staff in the Contact Centre.
- Provide exceptional customer service via phone, email, live chat and social media.
- Respond to customer complaints and escalate issues as necessary.
- Show ownership and accountability for offering solutions to benefit our customers and the business.
- Drive continuous improvement ethos within the contact centre and the business.
- Actively improve processes, workflows and service to our customers.
- Proactively seeking solutions for potential issues.
- Leading our Customer Service teams in a 24/7 environment.
- Experience leading a team.
- Previous experience of a contact centre environment is desirable.
- Accountable leader with strong customer focus.
- We aren’t fans of big, formal training sessions. However, you will be able to demonstrate your skills in up-skilling and coaching team members.
- We are a fast moving, constantly changing business. Ability to adapt to, and lead people through change is paramount.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to balance workload and schedules with multiple priorities.
- 33 days holiday (including public hols). You’ll also get your birthday on us
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Family friendly leave policies
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth
- We have many varied social groups set up and run by our employees – ForTheWin (a gaming group), Starling FC, book club and many more!
- Discounts on cinema tickets, restaurants, shopping and train tickets via a Perkbox membership
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme
- Gym membership options
- Season ticket travel options
- Full details are available on our careers site
We are a leading digital bank on a mission to disrupt the banking industry. We’ve built an app with smart money management tools to help our customers live a healthier financial life. We also offer groundbreaking B2B banking and payments services.
Since our launch in 2014, we’ve opened almost three million accounts including 480,000 business accounts for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs).
We’re a fully licensed UK bank and we have the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive technology company. We’ve been voted Best Current Account for the last five years running, named Which? Banking Provider of the Year for the last two and we were the most switched to bank in 2021. We employ more than 1,800 people across our London, Southampton and Cardiff offices.
Starling Bank is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Starling Bank are considered without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that Starling Bank may collect your personal data for recruiting and related purposes. Our Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over our use of your personal information.