Do you have exemplary customer service skills and thrive in a demanding customer facing role?
Hinkley Point B Power station are currently recruiting for a Vetting officer to join their Security Access Control team on site nr Bridgwater. As a Vetting officer you will need to act with discretion and handle sensitive information correctly within a highly regulated environment.
Over the last 46 years, Hinkley Point B has generated 311 TWh of low carbon and is now entering a new phase in its life- defueling and decommissioning. This involves the safe removal of all spent fuel from the reactor core, the cooling ponds and stores whilst looking ahead and preparing for deconstruction.
As a station, Hinkley Point B is immensely proud of its history and is looking forward to new challenges as it starts this next chapter. This is a great opportunity to come join an incredible team.
Application Closing Date – 31st March 2023
Pay, Benefits & Culture
The working hours for this role are 37 per week operating 07:30 – 1600 Monday to Thursday and 0730 – 1230 Friday
We can offer a competitive salary from £ £37,951 – £43,009 with terms and conditions covered by the EDF Nuclear Generation Company Agreement. The starting salary will be dependent on your existing salary, competence, experience, and qualifications.
At EDF, everyone’s welcome. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone has a voice and where you feel confident being yourself. We’re committed to equality, diversity, and inclusion. We’d like our future workforce to have an equal gender balance, represent a broad mix of people from minority ethnic backgrounds, LGBTQ+, those with a disability and supporting social mobility. We’re a disability confident employer and we’ll do all we can to help with your application, adjusting as you need.
We’ll value the difference you bring and offer opportunities for you to thrive and succeed.
What you’ll be doing
The Vetting officer will be responsible, in conjunction with the Security team for instigating suitable site access arrangements and controls including aftercare of national security vetting (NSV) holders.
Other duties include:
- Inputting data into, and maintenance of, the computer record system
- Access pass production and maintenance of the Access Control System
- Giving vetting guidance to Staff & Contractors and be the focal point for vetting on the station
- Maintaining the vetting database and ensuring compliance with industry regulations
- Interfacing externally with the Office of Nuclear Regulation (ONR) and contractor organisations
- Assisting with outage planning with regard to vetting and access arrangements
- Holding supplier training sessions for contract partners
- Undertaking security duties in accordance with the site emergency plan and general security duties as required.
- Updating and the maintenance of the vetting database for Hinkley Point B
Who you are
Previous security or vetting experience within a similar role would be an advantage. Candidates should have a good standard of computer literacy and proven experience of being proactive and working as an effective member of a close-knit team.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate a flexible approach to working time duties and cover arrangements if required and have previous experience of giving presentations.Applicants should possess a full driving licence.
Applicants will have to achieve Security Clearance Approval to SC Level prior to taking up their duties.
Join us and together we can help Britain achieve Net Zero.