Are you looking for a rewarding job where you go home knowing that you have made a real impact on someone’s life?
Sense has a great opportunity for a passionate and dedicated individual to join our team as a Waking Nights Support Worker based in Carrickfergus. This is a permanent position working 18 hours per week.
About the role…
• As a Support Worker you will support and enable people to live the life they choose in a residential setting
• You will support individuals and encourage them to make choices, to express themselves and to develop independent living and life skills
In return we will offer you…
• £9.72 per hour
• Bespoke, rewarding career pathways
• The opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where you can develop your skills, knowledge and career in a supportive and flexible environment
• Group Personal Pension scheme
• Generous annual leave entitlement
• Comprehensive induction and commitment to ongoing training
• Enhanced disclosure cost covered
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Working at Sense can be incredibly rewarding; we offer the opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where people can develop their skills, knowledge and careers in a supportive and flexible environment. In addition, we have excellent training and development, the opportunity for you to join our Group Personal Pension scheme and a generous annual leave entitlement.
Please use the link below to complete your application. Managers will use your supporting statement to shortlist candidates for interview; in relation to the Personal Specification. Therefore, it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
Please note to avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
No agency submissions please: any submissions without prior authorisation from the Sense Recruitment Team will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sense is committed to equality of opportunity, and to promoting and celebrating the diversity of staff, volunteers and the people we work with. We value everyone’s contribution and ensure people are given the opportunity to realise their potential. We will promote equality and diversity in all that we do and the work we do in partnership with others.