Location: Searcys at the Pump Room, Stall St, Bath, BA1 1LZ
The Georgian Pump Room has been the social heart of Bath for more than two centuries, and boasts amongst its previous patrons Jane Austen and Charles Dickens.
If you’re a Sales Co-ordinator or have experience of event planning and hospitality, and are looking for a customer-focused, detail-orientated role, this position could be for you.
To take ownership of the event coordination process, from initial proposal and client introduction through to menu tastings and organisation of the event itself. You will liaise with the client, chef, banqueting manager and venue to confirm all details and handover to the banqueting team, whilst upselling and showcasing the best of our menus and services. Additional support to be provided for the restaurant team, including daily administrative tasks and handling enquiries.
- To provide support to the venue sales team with regard to client events
- To discuss all catering elements of the event with the customer
- To upsell or provide creative and innovative solutions with the client when appropriate
- To host and manage tastings
- To develop and maintain relationships with existing clients and new confirmed bookings
- To manage the event diary & BOB in line with Searcys Bath standards
- To fully coordinate the event up to the day of arrival
- To update any financial reporting as required include deposit and final invoice payments
- To produce clear and concise catering programmes in accordance with company standards and procedures
- To provide a clear and concise handover to the banqueting team
- To communicate clearly with the kitchen team with regard to menus
- To conduct show rounds with clients (when required)
- To work as part of a team
- To follow up all bookings and collate feedback
- To keep up to date with competitors and F&B trends
- To support the restaurant administrator where required, handling enquiries, pulling daily reports, managing restaurant bookings
- To support restaurant, kitchen and banqueting teams with administrative tasks and light duties
- To represent Searcys in a professional manner at all times in your behaviour, appearance and knowledge.
- To perform any other reasonable duties as requested
- Team player
- Works well under pressure
- Excellent Time Management
- Exceptional customer service
- Excellent communicator
- Passionate about Food & Drink
- Knowledge of the events industry
- Organised and meticulous in details
We are seeking someone who is passionate about events and the client experience, to join our fantastic team.
A pro-active team player with strong communication skills, you will need to be hands on and ready to get stuck in, supporting our team across both events and the restaurant. Ideally with several years’ experience in the events or hospitality industries, you will use this experience to provide a helpful and positive service for our customers and clients. You’ll be efficient and good at managing your own time in order to best support our events and restaurant teams. From liaising with the venue regarding event details, to assisting the restaurant with bookings during busy sessions or working with chef to coordinate a specialist menu, this role is varied and very rewarding.