Job Title: Wickes Store Duty Manager
Salary: £10.97 per hour
Job Type: Part Time
Wickes is more than just the nation’s favourite DIY store. It’s a place where we’ll ask for your ideas, listen to your opinions and value the contributions you make. Chances are you’ve never experienced anything quite like our culture. All our colleagues come from different backgrounds, but what we all have in common is a determination to succeed and a passion for being the best we can be. If that sounds like you, we’ll make you feel right at home.
- Lead the store, in the store/Operations manager’s absence.
- Support the wider management team in ensuring, key control measures and security practices in-store are managed in accordance with the company’s procedures and policies at all times. Employee and customer safety is always your first priority.
- Completion of store routines document; ensure the store is trading legally and safely and that customers’ needs are met. Dealing with any enquiries and complaints as appropriate.
- Daily management of colleagues including; providing day-to-day supervision of colleagues including motivation, welfare, arranging appropriate staffing levels, and supporting recruitment, induction, and training & development in line with company policies, ensuring all procedures are followed.
- Work with the store leadership team to ensure the whole store operates effectively. To support the achievement of sales and cost targets set for the shop.
- At all times; take care of your health and safety and that of others by complying with health and safety obligations, and reporting promptly any defects, risks, or potential hazards.
You will have experience in running the show in a fast-paced customer facing environment and be someone who can handle the variety that each day at Wickes brings. You will be highly organised with a passion for ensuring our customers receive the best service we can deliver, all whilst inspiring and leading your team.
What can we offer you?
You’ll be supported with fantastic learning and development and have the opportunity to grow and develop your career with us. We’ll also equip you with a benefits package that includes:
- Competitive bonus
- Save-as-you-earn scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Colleague discount
- Discount platform including savings and cash back at numerous retailers, savings on gym membership, cycle to work scheme
Our widely recognised wellbeing strategy is something we’re proud of at Wickes. As part of this, we offer a range of health and wellbeing benefits and support, including an Employee Assistance Programme, financial education & loans, and access to parental, menopause, and fertility support.
Vacancy Reference #46309
“Please contact us here if you require any adjustments within the application process. If you require any reasonable adjustments at the interview stage you will have an opportunity to inform us when we invite you to interview. Please note, this link is only for reasonable adjustments required – general enquiries, or direct CV applications cannot be accepted via this form”