We are looking for a clear strategic thinker to join the Business Services team, as a Workplace Experience Manager.
As the Workplace Experience Manager, you will lead your team in successfully managing contractors, third parties and health & safety to deliver an enhanced Workplace Experience for colleagues, Members and visitors alike through the successful operational delivery of soft services function.
This role also supports the successful delivery of our Hubs via a third party and Tenant Management across the MPS Group to enhance services to our Members and optimises operational cost effectiveness.
Due to the hands-on nature of the role, the Workplace Experience Manager will be fully office based, Monday – Friday.
- Ensure that designated buildings, facilities, and service delivery are fit for purpose and provide proactive support and solutions when required.
- Manage production and update of procedures and protocol documentation where necessary.
- Manage contractors on site and ensure they meet legal and company requirements, including Health and Safety documentation and delivery of contractual requirements.
- Management, reporting, and monitoring of performance and costs, ensuring costs and expenditure are within budgeted levels.
- Monitoring adherence to policy and procedures; reporting this to relevant managers across the business and liaising to resolve breaches.
- Work flexibly to meet the needs of the business including responding to any adhoc emergencies.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have experience of workplace experience and/or facilities management, gained in an office-based environment; this will also have included estates management, working with both landlords and tenants.
You will be IOSH qualified, or equivalent, and be well versed in health and safety legislation.
An effective communicator and an active listener, you strive to hear ideas and feedback from your stakeholders to drive improvements that enhance the Workplace Experience of colleagues, members and visitors.
Experience in colleague training and development, as well as subcontractor management, will be key to success in this role.
The successful candidate will gain a quick understanding of key business issues and be comfortable being part of challenging conversations.
Knowledge and experience of hard services management is advantageous.
Diversity & Inclusion
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, and we encourage you to apply even if you feel you do not match 100% of the technical requirements. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and strive to create a work environment which ensures everyone can be heard.
What’s important to MPS is that our people live our values of Member First, Ambitious, Determined and Empowered.
If you have any questions about any advertised role and how we can support you, please contact our Recruitment Team.
- Generous matched pension scheme
- Annual bonus scheme – up to 15%
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus 8 flexible bank holidays
- Option to buy or sell up to 5 days holiday
- 6x salary death in service
- Paid volunteering day
- A personal GP service enabling you to get a video consultation with an NHS-registered private GP
- A range of shopping discounts
- Financial wellbeing support
- Wellbeing support
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of almost 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
Our philosophy is to support safe practice in medicine and dentistry by helping to avert problems in the first place. We also actively campaign for regulatory and legal reforms that benefit members and the wider healthcare professions. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.