Location: 300 Thames Valley Park Drive, Earley, RG6 1PT
We’re obsessed about food and people; we understand the importance of inspiring others and supporting development.
If you’re looking for a career that offers flexibility, excitement, and progression, then a career in Food Service could be for you! At WSH our career opportunities span industries from motorsport, schools, retail fashion to museums within roles across operations, marketing, people development, and more. We offer a Management Degree Apprenticeship linked to an apprenticeship which allows you to combine on-the-job experience, working at one of our impressive client locations, with blended studying 20% of the week with our apprenticeship provider.
Our Management Degree Apprenticeship aims to set you up for success, support you whilst developing your skills and to help you achieve your career aspirations. We have a skilled team that are eager to share their knowledge and provide you with the practical and theoretical knowledge to craft a career in hospitality management.
We are the UK’s largest independent hospitality food service business, employing more than 19,000 people. Our focus is on delighting our clients and customers and keeping our people happy and engaged. We don’t offer jobs – we offer career opportunities, working across many exciting sectors, with a competitive salary.
Our heritage is built on the culinary expertise and the professional training and development of our people.
- Work within one of our brands at one of our prestigious client locations
- Experience different job roles, gain promotions and be mentored by our senior managers
- 20% of your working week will be given to further learning in the form of an apprenticeship
- Learn how to deliver excellent customer service to our clients.
- Gain knowledge in support functions, such as; Finance, Health & Safety, Food Safety, HR, Sustainability, Project Management
- Carry out all your course work and project work set by your apprenticeship provider
- Experience different job roles within a structured programme
- Gain an in-depth knowledge of the foodservice and hospitality industry for business and industry clients
- Develop a sound business understanding of our business
- Develop an understanding of different roles within the company, within both operations and support services
- Receive regular coaching on managerial techniques
- Receive regular reviews and training requirements to meet your development needs
You must meet the following criteria:
- Have two subjects at GCE A-level or equivalent, plus three GCSEs at grade A*-C /9-4; OR a completed recognised Access Programme or equivalent
- Have proficiency in the English language if any prior learning has not previously been taught in English (IELTS6.0 / TOEFL iBT 80 or equivalent)
- Be a UK/EU/EAA resident for at least three years prior to starting the apprenticeship
- Be able to evidence GCSE English and Maths passes at grade A*- C/9-4 or commit to completing Functional Skills Level 2, in addition to the programme. If required, this is provided at no additional cost
- Have an interest and passion for food and people
- Flexibility, great communication/customer service skills
- Be proactive with problem solving skills
- Be dedicated and committed to the management programme and completing the apprenticeship