At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a qualified Quantity Surveyor to join our friendly team in Bristol. We are open to taking on an Assistant Quantity Surveyor that is ready to make that next step.
This role comes with an excellent Salary, Company Car, Bonus, Pension, Training & Development and other Benefits. Hybrid Working means you will work part on site and part at home.
The projects are Highways Maintenance & Construction projects with Local Authorities, so enjoys the security of a confirmed pipeline of work and secured contracts, currently 5 years left on the contracts.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As Quantity Surveyor:
- Be an integral member of the commercial team supporting the Managing Quantity Surveyor
- Build a strong relationship with internal and client counterparts
- Managing commercial projects from pre contract stage through to completion
- Engaging and managing sub contracts including tender enquiries, award and assessment of monthly payment applications
- Support the production of monthly CVR’s
- Produce both internal and client forecasts
- Production and substantiation through to agreement of associated Final Accounts
- Ensure all Tarmac and client processes are followed to minimise commercial risk
The ideal candidate will have proven Quantity Surveyor or Assistant Quantity Surveyor experience.
Prior experience of working on highway maintenance, highway construction or general civil engineering is desirable but not essential.
As our ideal Quantity Surveyor you will have:
- Drive and ambition to succeed
- UK Driving licence
- NEC3/4 experience
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Numeracy and analytical ability
- Process driven
- Good negotiation skills
- Commercial awareness
Salary: Excellent Salary + Company Car + Benefits
Location: , ,
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/156/1703