At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Quarry Supervisor to join our fantastic team at our Bayston Hill site, close to Shrewsbury in Shropshire.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to the Site Manager; as the Quarry Supervisor you will assist in the day to day safe running of a busy Quarry site. You will also be responsible for:
- Team management/supervision
- Operating fixed and mobile plants
- Administrative and compliance duties
- Using computer systems (Fortek, SAP, Excel and similar platforms)
- Housekeeping tasks and general maintenance assisting the fitting team to maintain site operation
- Adhering to Health and Safety policies and procedures and encouraging others to do so
To be successful in this role of Quarry Supervisor, the ideal candidate will have previous experience of working in Quarry sites. They will also:
- Have loading shovel and processing plant operational experience
- Have excellent communication and organisational skills
- Be able to liaise with stakeholders of varying seniority levels
- Be motivated
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Be IT literate (ability to use required computer system)
- Be flexible in their working approach
Location: Shrewsbury, Shropshire, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/110/2494