Senior Project Manager
Chancery Lane, London,
As Leo Burnett himself once said: “At the end of the day, we’re just people talking to people.”
And that sums up how we think. We never forget that on the other side of every screen, watching every ad or reading every tweet are people. Not just pairs of eyes with credit cards. But human beings, who want to be entertained, engaged and listened to.
Which is why we want to make work that connects on a human level. That everyone will love. Proudly populist creative work that makes people smile, laugh, cry and everything in between. Whether that’s through advertising or managing brand partnerships with our Sports + Entertainment team.
But it’s also why we believe in being decent human beings. Either to work with or to work for. Because putting people first is at the heart of everything we do.
We believe in the power of a strong, supportive, and inclusive culture that puts people and creativity at the heart of everything we do. We pride ourselves on a genuinely friendly and informal style where everyone’s invited, and the collective is more important than the individual.
What you’ll be doing:
We are looking for an experienced Senior Project Manager to help support the McDonald’s team at a particularly busy period. You will ideally have experience working on a retail account with high volume asset delivery in a wide variety of channels and formats. You will also ideally have experience of mentoring more junior members of the team.
Specifically, we’ll need your help with:
- Management and overview of the workflow of multiple projects ensuring that everything is running according to plan.
- Communicating project plans both internally and to clients and partner agencies; managing expectations and ensuring alignment with the client and agency processes.
- Creation of project timelines, updating and adapting as projects evolve.
- Working closely with the Client Services team and other Agency departments to ensure efficient flow of work through the agency.
- Full understanding of the internal workings of the agency and the production processes involved across all channels.
- Ensuring briefs are approved and creative teams are briefed in line with project timings.
- Scheduling reviews and ensuring all relevant parties attend.
- Attending the reviews, setting the agenda at the outset and summarising any action points.
- Facilitating work out of reviews to relevant departments within the agency and to potential third parties, ensuring that everyone is clear on the next stages and that any work is followed up and delivered on time.
- Trouble shooting and proposing alternative solutions in situations where there are timing or delivery challenges.
- Working closely with all departments within the agency and partner agencies to ensure delivery of output is the best possible quality.
- Encouraging teamwork and great communication.
- Overseeing more junior members of the PM team, acting as a mentor and as a point of escalation whilst running your own projects.
- Producing production estimates & PO’s (except TV/Radio).
- Ensuring cost controller approval on estimates where required prior to sharing with Clients.
- Reconciling projects once they are complete.
What skills we’re looking for:
- Competence with Apple applications, including Keynote.
- Competence with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word.
- Competence with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Full understanding of the creative process, from brief to output.
- A dedicated and ambitious individual, who shows a real passion for great ideas and not afraid to speak up and have a point of view.
- Someone who’s fun and friendly, with an appetite to get involved with all the extra-curricular things we have on offer.
- Ability to always maintain a commercial perspective on work.
- Display confidentiality and professionalism at all times.
What qualities and behaviours we like:
- A strong communicator with the confidence to take charge of the delivery of multi-channel creative projects.
- Confident to get your point across and to inform the Project Director and the senior management team of any account statuses, problems, plans and meetings as required.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise, problem solve, multitask and drive projects forward.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with the ability to plan for all eventualities and provide solutions to any arising issues.
- Proactive, always looking ahead and spotting potential pitfalls.
- Willingness to become a champion of the client's business and support where required.
- A contributor to agency culture, striving to help make Leo Burnett an even better agency than it is today.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity and inclusion are a core part of our DNA at Leo Burnett. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture that encourages, celebrates, and supports our wonderfully diverse employee group irrelevant of their age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability or ethnicity. Diversity and inclusion fuel our creativity and innovation, it enables us to be closer to our people and audiences. We will continue to strive to create a culture and environment where everyone feels empowered and more importantly comfortable enough to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
We are committed to providing reasonable adjustments for employees with disabilities and for candidates in our application process. If you need assistance or adjustment due to a disability, please contact us.