The Lancashire Community Services Family are recruiting!
Lancashire Community Services provides support at home, in the community and supported living to children, young people and adults across Lancashire. We support individuals to learn and development new skills, to gain confidence and increase independence. Our aim is to help people to achieve their personal goals and reach their full potential and to live wonderfully normal lives in the community and their own home.
One person we support is Helen. She loves to go on holiday and take trips to the beach, she also looks walks in the sunshine with her support workers and loves listening to and creating her own music!
Other individuals LCS support love to take part in daily activities such as arts & crafts, baking (they’ve recently taken part in banana split day using lots of lovely decorations to make the most fantastic banana splits and then of course, enjoyed eating them!). The enjoy spending time in the garden and organising parties when ever they can! They’ve even been known to attend Chill Factore in Manchester for a trip down the slopes!
The staff are often praised for their hard work and their achievements shared with the rest of the Salutem Family. They’ve had recent comments about how admirable they are and just how amazing! They are always on hand to help whenever they can and they’re a really great bunch to work alongside!
We want the best for everyone we support and that's what makes us a family. If you have the ability to support someone to feel at home, be their true self, and do what makes their heart happy – we want to hear from you. This is a meaningful role and will suit someone who is looking to make a difference and make memories that'll last a lifetime.
We know our staff put 100% into building brighter futures for the individuals we support. That's why we offer career progression no matter where you start in the organisation. Your progress here will be regularly reviewed and as you gain expertise your rate of pay will increase. We believe in creating a Career from Care and we want the support workers we recruit now to become our managers of the future!
We’re committed to supporting the wellbeing of our team and our benefits package has something for everyone – including these key highlights:
– £75 cost of living bonus – We’re supporting our team with a monthly pre-tax bonus when they need it most.*
– Competency Frameworks and Pay Scales – We have a development and reward initiative in place for all our individual colleagues and teams, showing clear career pathways, progression & promotion opportunities, and pay scales to work towards if desired.
– Perkbox – Get over 200 exclusive perks and discounts, plus wellbeing and wellness content.
– Blue Light Card – Working in social care, all our staff qualify for thousands of discounts in shops, restaurants, and venues on the high street with a Blue Light Card. You can register to get 2-years access to the Blue Light Card for £4.99 and reclaim this cost via our expenses process.
– Wagestream – Any day can be payday with Wagestream, as you can withdraw some of your wages earned early.*
– Care Friends, Refer-a-Friend Scheme – Instantly earn points and cash rewards for referring people you know for roles at Salutem.
– Sovereign Health Care Plan – Affordable cover to help with your healthcare and private medical costs.
– Canada Life, Group Life Assurance – To protect all our staff from day one of employment, we provide a Death in Service benefit via Canada Life, which is offered at 1 x your annual salary.
– Blink, our internal communications app – Giving you a voice and a sense of community across the organisation.
– Pension scheme – for all qualifying staff
– Free DBS check (Disclosure and Barring Service)
As an organisation, we're committed to supporting our teams and offering a range of perks that look after your financial, mental, emotional and physical wellbeing.
*Terms and conditions apply.
We have a massive duty of care towards those we support who are often the most vulnerable in society, which is why our staff are encouraged to keep up to date with vaccines and focus on self-care too.
We hope this gives you a little glimpse into this role and vibe of our organisation. We want everyone at Salutem to live their best lives, and look forward to hearing from you too! #applynow
These pay rates are applicable from 1st April 2023