Hello, we’re Starling. We built a new kind of bank because we knew technology had the power to help people save, spend and manage their money in a new and transformative way. We’re a fully licensed UK bank with the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive tech company. We’re a bank, but better: fairer, easier to use and designed to demystify money for everyone. We employ more than 3,000 people across our London, Southampton, Cardiff and Manchester offices.
Our recruitment process:
Interviewing is a two way process and we want you to have the time and opportunity to get to know us, as much as we are getting to know you! Our interviews are conversational and we want to get the best from you, so come with questions and be curious.
Following your application being reviewed, you can expect the below:
2 staged recruitment process with our Onboarding team.
About the role:
We are looking for a Business Onboarding SME to join our team and support our growth for a next-generation, digital bank. We need people to join us to support our customers and teams 37.5 hours a week, the shifts will cover 07:00 to 20:00, Monday to Sunday (Weekends on a rotational basis).
The individual will join our fast-paced and ever-evolving Business Onboarding department as one of our Subject Matter Experts. The right person will bring the relevant knowledge and experience in a first-line risk environment. This role is not just about what you know but your ability to take the know-how and share this with stakeholders of all levels in a way that brings it to life but does not overcomplicate, so you need to bring your tried and tested approach to show how you adapt your style to suit the team’s needs. This work is crucial to the continued success of our onboarding team.
The Business Onboarding SME role has 3 key parts, that are intrinsic to the success of the team:-
- Responsible for delivering meaningful sessions on Risk in an onboarding environment. Mentoring BCA teams and their leaders through engaging 121 and team-based activity. Give clear and concise feedback to create a positive environment for our teams to grow within the department.
- Competent Problem solver who will hit the ground running from day one. Someone who is not afraid to challenge the way we do things to improve the customer journey, owning your process improvements, guidance changes, and projects.
- Taking ownership of reviewing high-risk business onboarding applications using Starlings risk appetite; balancing this with delivering a great customer experience, whilst keeping the bank and its customers safe.
The Business Onboarding SME’s responsibilities include:
- Being a subject matter expert by mentoring our onboarding teams. You will do this by building their knowledge and confidence in Starling’s Risk appetite in a supportive manner.
- Understanding and overseeing the identification of high-risk applications that require Enhanced Due Diligence.
- Liaising with customers on more complex applications via phone & email.
- Delivering engaging training sessions to large groups.
- Develop training material that is interactive and brings the subject matter to life.
- Run regular 1 on 1 coaching and feedback sessions with the Onboarding team to drive an improvement culture.
- Using trends and data to proactively seek improvements to the existing process, take ownership of these improvements from start to finish.
- Designing, simplifying, reviewing, and updating internal policies and procedures.
- Proactively build relationships with key stakeholders across the business and leverage these when working on guidance and projects.
- Professional qualification in KYB or 2+ years’ relevant experience as an expert in Business Onboarding or Due Diligence in a Business-led environment
- Someone who is customer-centric but can balance this with associated onboarding risks.
- Demonstrate a proven track record of delivering engaging training sessions across all levels of a business.
- Ability to create meaningful, interactive training sessions on Risk and EDD in an onboarding environment.
- Competent in coaching and feedback, with the ability to deliver structured sessions that are goals-centric.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to deliver high-quality results under time pressure whilst handling several projects at once.
- Management of key stakeholders and ability to communicate at all levels of the business.
- Knowledge of Money Laundering Regulations and JMLSG guidance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 25 days holiday (plus take your public holiday allowance whenever works best for you)
- An extra day’s holiday for your birthday
- Annual leave is increased with length of service, and you can choose to buy or sell up to five extra days off
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Salary sacrifice, company enhanced pension scheme
- Life insurance at 4x your salary & group income protection
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth including mental health support and cancer care. Partner benefits include discounts with Waitrose, Mr&Mrs Smith and Peloton
- Generous family-friendly policies
- Incentives refer a friend scheme
- Perkbox membership giving access to retail discounts, a wellness platform for physical and mental health, and weekly free and boosted perks
- Access to initiatives like Cycle to Work, Salary Sacrificed Gym partnerships and Electric Vehicle (EV) leasing
You may be put off applying for a role because you don’t tick every box. Forget that! While we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’re always open to discussion. So, if you’re excited about working with us, but aren’t sure if you’re 100% there yet, get in touch anyway.We’re on a mission to radically reshape banking – and that starts with our brilliant team. Whatever came before, we’re proud to bring together people of all backgrounds and experiences who love working together to solve problems.
Starling Bank is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Starling Bank are considered without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. When you provide us with this information, you are doing so at your own consent, with full knowledge that we will process this personal data in accordance with our Privacy Notice.By submitting your application, you agree that Starling Bank may collect your personal data for recruiting and related purposes. Our Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over our use of your personal information.