Location: Aldenham Road, Borehamwood,
Chef de Partie
Term time only – 40 hours per week
£13.97 per hour
Start date: ASAP
Holroyd Howe is one of the UK’s leading contract caterers, providing fresh innovative food services solely to independent schools and colleges. We are a team of experienced professionals who tailor our catering service provision specifically to suit children of all ages in order to meet the bespoke requirements of each school.
Can you commit to feeding hungry tummies as well as hungry minds? We serve more than just a meal in our kitchens, so are you the exceptional Chef de Partie we’re looking for?
If you are looking for an employer that will invest in you and develop your career further, then look no further and apply!
CHEF DE PARTIE
LOCATION: Haberdashers Girls School
REPORTING TO: Head Chef/ General Manager
OVERALL OBJECTIVES: To assist the Head Chef in the kitchen operation and ensure the company’s reputation for food quality is maintained at all times.
- To plan, prepare and cook menu items as directed by the Sous / Head Chef.
- To assist in the development and planning of menus, including future food trends, and to be passionate about developing new styles of service and concepts in the location.
- To assist with stock taking when required.
- To carry out the smooth and efficient running of your section as appropriate.
- To ensure that customers are given a prompt and efficient service and expectations are consistently exceeded.
- To be customer focused at all times, approachable and quick to exceed expectations in fulfilling customer needs.
- To be a team player, assisting other team members when necessary.
- To treat members of the team at location as you would expect to be treated.
- To demonstrate and instruct Commis Chefs in food preparation and cooking skills as directed by the Sous / Head Chef
- To compile all food orders for sections under your supervision, ensuring food standards and cost are agreed with the Head Chef; to ensure stock, deliveries and wastage are all checked and recorded in line with company and food standards.
- To gain an understanding of food costing, sales mix and menu planning.
HEALTH & SAFETY, FOOD SAFETY, the ENVIRONMENT
- To adhere to the company’s Hygiene, Health and Safety policies.
- To rigorously follow the company cleaning schedules.
- To ensure that food storage areas are maintained in accordance with the company’s Hygiene, Healthy and Safety policies and procedures.
- To take responsibility for contributing towards your own development with the guidance of the Sous / Head Chef and attend training courses as identified.
- To show commitment to company values in all aspects of your role.
- To act as a positive ambassador for the business.
- To attend to any reasonable request made by the client or Holroyd Howe Management.
- To attend training sessions when required.
- To ensure compliance with the company’s policy on safer recruitment and safeguarding children and young adults at all times whilst at work.