Location: Savoy Place, London,
The Institution of Engineering and Technology is a multidisciplinary professional engineering institution. The IET was formed in 2006 from two separate institutions: the Institution of Electrical Engineers, dating back to 1871, and the Institution of Incorporated Engineers dating back to 1884.
As a Chef de Partie you will receive the following industry leading benefits:
- 50% discount across Searcys venues
- Enrolment into the Searcys pension scheme
- Up to 38 days annual leave (dependant on job role)
- Access to everyday discounts and communication portal
- Employee assistance programme
- Enrolment into Searcys Champagne School
- Meals provided on shift when working within one of our venue.
- Discount off overnight stays in London
- Your birthday off to celebrate in style
- A day off to volunteer / give back to the charity of your choice
Job Type: Full time – 40 hours – Mostly Monday to Friday
Hourly Rate: £25,000 – £28,000pa
- To provide food/service to a consistent high standard, including assisting senior chefs with functions in other different areas throughout the business.
- To manage the kitchen brigade in the absence of the executive chef
- To assist training of junior staff
- To liaise with key people in the team in order to plan for the provision of food in all areas
- To place order directly with suppliers.
- To ensure smooth running of daily operations
- Responsible to manage stock levels of that specific area including stock control and health and safety practices.
- Ensure the presentation of the food is consistent with the standards set by senior chefs.
- Excellent communication skills
- Takes the initiative
- Excellent time management
- Supportive / Team player
- Demonstrate high level of organisation
- Excellent record keeping
- To be willing to work the hours and the needs of the business
- To be able to work under pressure and to cope with any unforeseen circumstances i.e. function changes, requirements, sickness, etc.
- To have a positive and co-operative attitude