Location: Saint Mary Axe, London,
Salary: Up to £36,000
The Gherkin is one of London's most iconic landmark restaurants and events spaces. Pair high-end design with vintage champagne and contemporary cooking, all while enjoying panoramic views of The City of London and beyond.
Searcys is steeped in rich heritage and is passionate about its people, therefore offers industry leading benefits which include:
- 50% discount across Searcys venues
- Enrolment into the Searcys pension scheme
- Up to 33 days annual leave (dependant on job role)
- Access to everyday discounts and communication portal
- Employee assistance programme
- Enrolment into Searcys Culinary development classes
- Meals provided on shift when working within one of our venue
- Provided with chef whites and shoes
- Monthly chef away days
Searcys @ The Gherkin are looking for a Chef de Partie to work within kitchen brigade. As a Chef de Partie at The Gherkin you will work across a number of different events including conference and banqueting, fine dining and weddings. You will get a chance to be creative and work with the finest ingredients and with a team that will nurture you for the future.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: £32,000 – £36,000
- To provide food/service to a consistent high standard, including assisting senior chefs with functions in other different areas throughout the business.
- Responsible to manage stock levels of the section you are overseeing including ordering when required.
- Ensure the presentation of the food is consistent with the standards set by senior chefs.
- To ensure all Health, Hygiene and Safety requirements are being adhered to
- Any other reasonable request by the Senior Management.
- Minimum 2 years experience in people management
- Excellent communication skills
- Takes the initiative
- Excellent time management
- Supportive / Team player
- Demonstrate high level of organisation.
- Excellent record keeping.
- To be willing to work the hours and the needs of the business
- To be able to work under pressure and to cope with any unforeseen circumstances i.e. function changes, requirements, sickness, etc.
- To have a positive and co-operative attitude.