Salary: £37000 per annum
Shift hours: Permanent
We’re currently recruiting an ambitious Chef Manager to help us create exceptional food experiences for Healthcare on a full time basis, contracted to 40 hours per week.
As a Chef Manager, you will be responsible for creating an outstanding culinary experience. In return, you will have the chance to progress your career with a company that invests in its people, celebrates individuality, and rewards and recognises employees who go beyond the plate.
Could you bring your spark to Healthcare? Here’s what you need to know before applying for a Chef Manager position with Compass Group UK&I.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Management of health & safety procedures and standards at all times including adherence to food information regulations and food safety checks
- Management of the catering team to ensure all food production, service and financial targets are met
- Manages the menu cycle, food production planning, food purchasing and stock management
- Manages the team through effective communication & performance management
- Recruits, trains & develops the team, supporting the company Apprenticeship programme where applicable
- Manages the cleanliness of the kitchen and food service area
- Completes all bookwork and reporting as required
- Performs other general tasks as reasonably requested
Our ideal Chef Manager will:
- Good cooking skills
- Good business knowledge of a food service operation
- Strong communication skills, able to engage and motive others
- Previous supervisory or management experience within a kitchen environment
- NVQ Lvl2/3 in professional cookery or equivalent
- Basic or Intermediate food hygiene Lvl2/3
We ensure you’re rewarded for all your hard work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- To help with the cost of living crisis throughout this winter, Compass will be providing a free meal or equivalent Subsidy while working
- All team members eligible are entitled to a 50% discount at their place of work. Team members are able to take advantage of this discount at the following retail brands operated by Compass Group: Costa, Deli Marche, Amigo and Baguette Co, to name a few.
- Exclusive travel discounts with TUI, Expedia, Booking.com and many more
- Save money on your food shop with discounts on Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons and many more
- Up to 44% off cinema tickets to enjoy your favourite blockbuster
- Regular emails filled with the best discounts and savings available
- Receive Wow Points every time you spend and use them on a wide range of brands
- Un-wind with us with free wellness, mindfulness and exercise classes
- You can share all discounts and offers with your friends and families
- Contributory pension scheme
- Grow your career with our Career Pathways and MyLearning programmes
Part of Compass Group UK&I, Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
Job Reference: com/0602/72387002/52546073/MED
Compass Group UK&I is an equal opportunities employer, committed to cultivating diverse and inclusive environments for every employee.
Location: Barnet, Herts