We are a leading digital bank on a mission to disrupt the banking industry. We’ve built an app with smart money management tools to help our customers live a healthier financial life.
About the role:
As our customer numbers continue to grow, so does our need to hire fantastic people to serve them. Our customer onboarding team are our greatest asset – representing Starling to the people, and businesses, that rely on us to help manage their financial lives. As a Customer Onboarding Team Lead, your team will be responsible for ensuring our customers have a great first experience with us, opening personal or business current accounts.
Team Leads are critical to the success of our Operations department. As a team leader, you’ll inspire and motivate your team to give the best service to our customers. Leading from the front, you’ll showcase your finely tuned customer service skills on a daily basis. Not only that, we’ll be looking to you to share solutions that will make our’s, and our customers lives, better.
Everyone at Starling gets the chance to own interesting things from day one, and we’re told one of the best things about working here is the ability to achieve a lot in a short space of time.
Shifts & Working Arrangements:
We enable our customers to manage their money 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Whenever they need us, we will be there. We are looking for people who can commit to between 1.30pm-10pm Saturday and Sunday.
The initial training will be in the office full time for 4 weeks (Monday – Friday 9:00 – 17:30), with ongoing training from the team integrated in a flexible way.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Positively influence and contribute to the team culture.
- Motivate, coach and develop staff.
- Acting as a KYC and KYB subject matter expert; sharing technical expertise and guidance with the wider Onboarding team.
- Performing a risk assessment on new account applicants (customers and/or businesses).
- Show ownership and accountability for offering solutions to benefit our customers and the business.
- Drive continuous improvement ethos within the contact centre and the business.
- Actively improve processes, workflows and service to our customers.
- Coordinating with key stakeholders and senior management.
- Conducting Quality assurance for the team.
- Preparing and distributing reports to the wider business.
What would my team’s responsibility be?
As Starling is a branchless-bank, we don’t ask customers to provide paper copies of their ID documentation or join a long physical queue to open their accounts. Our onboarding process is simple, quick and efficient. Customers can open accounts through our App by recording a quick video, filling out their personal information and uploading photos of their documentation. Your team of Onboarding Team Members would review the information provided, liaise with customers through our App or via a phone call for more information and approve or decline their application. We want our customers to have a speedy onboarding experience, this means we’re looking for motivated, diligent Starlings to join our team.
After being accepted to Starling for a personal account, we get to work on our customers’ business account applications. Our App guides customers through some questions about their business – about their corporations status, the type of business that they are and information about where their customers and suppliers are. There is ample opportunity to add information or upload photos of documents that verify the business. Your team’s role here is to explore the information provided, understand whether it fully supports the application and approve or decline the account. This requires a keen eye for detail, but also an inquisitive nature leading to confident, timely decisions.
Which team will I join?
We interview candidates based on requirements for both personal and business onboarding, after your interview we will make a decision which route is best for you based on your skills and experience.
- Onboarding experience within a banking environment would be highly desirable.
- This role would suit someone with a strong administrative background
- A strong desire to help customers
- Diligence – you understand the importance of doing things right first time
- Inquisitive – the ability to research and make an informed decision
- A demonstrable interest in businesses, through study or work experience, is beneficial
- Ability to balance workload and deal with multiple priorities.
- Aptitude to work with a team in a changing environment.
- 25 days holiday (plus take your public holiday allowance whenever works best for you) pro-rata
- An extra day’s holiday for your birthday
- Annual leave is increased with length of service, and you can choose to buy or sell up to five extra days off
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Salary sacrifice, company enhanced pension scheme
- Life insurance at 4x your salary
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth including mental health support and cancer care. Partner benefits include discounts with Waitrose, Mr&Mrs Smith and Peloton
- Generous family-friendly policies
- Perkbox membership giving access to retail discounts, a wellness platform for physical and mental health, and weekly free and boosted perks
- Access to initiatives like Cycle to Work and Salary Sacrificed Gym partnerships
You may be put off applying for a role because you don’t tick every box. Forget that! While we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’re always open to discussion. So, if you’re excited about working with us, but aren’t sure if you’re 100% there yet, get in touch anyway.
We’re on a mission to radically reshape banking – and that starts with our brilliant team. Whatever came before, we’re proud to bring together people of all backgrounds and experiences who love working together to solve problems.Starling Bank is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Starling Bank are considered without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that Starling Bank may collect your personal data for recruiting and related purposes. Our Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over our use of your personal information.