In a Nutshell…
We have a great opportunity for a Development Manager to join our team within Vistry North West Midlands, at our office in Wolverhampton. As our Development Manager you will be responsible for the pre-construction phases of development projects, overseeing all legal, design and planning issues and coordinating with estimating, mobilisation and construction teams.
Let’s cut to the chase, what’s in it for you…
- Competitive basic salary and annual bonus
- Agile working possible (dependent on role)
- Up to 33 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private Healthcare and Dental Insurance
- Competitive contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance – 4 x your annual salary
- Share incentive schemes
- Employee rewards portal with many more benefits…
In return, what we would like from you…
- Behave in line with our company values – Integrity, Caring and Quality
- As a minimum, educated to A level standard or equivalent, or ability to demonstrate relevant experience in a similar position.
- Proficient in MS Office programmes; particularly Excel, Word and Outlook
- Experience in a development role within the Construction, Property Development or Housing Industry
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and lead the development process.
- Good geographic knowledge of the West Midlands area
- Organised and methodical, with good attention to detail
- Highly numerate with the ability to undertake feasibility appraisals
- Highly literate and able to understand and interpret complex legal documentation
- Strong time management skills with an ability to prioritise
- Able to work under own initiative, having good decision making skills and a keen sense of responsibility
- Professional manner
- Able to work as part of a team as well as autonomously
- Ability to communicate well with individuals at all levels
- Experience of all stages of development including legal, design, planning related activities, and health and safety.
More about the Development Manager role…
- Drive the progress of each project by active management and mitigate against slippage, to ensure the Development Programme is delivered to set timescales.
- Carry out Land Appraisals using Group software, and ensure accurate ongoing monitoring and updating for budgeting purposes.
- Prepare reports and risk registers to gain internal approvals and ensure audit compliance.
- Appoint Solicitors via the framework. Work with land agents and appointed legal advisors to negotiate and agree land contracts, ensuring any development related matters are fully resolved prior to entering contracts.
- Work with clients and their agents to negotiate and agree the form of building contract (Development Agreement or JCT) in conjunction with the Legal Director and other internal stakeholders as appropriate.
- Appoint and manage consultant teams e.g. architects, engineers, to produce scheme specific information and ensure the timely submission of schemes to the appropriate planning authority and statutory bodies in line with agreed timescales.
- Procure suitable supporting information e.g. surveys, reports, assessments etc. required to support the planning process and enable sufficient pre delivery planning/design.
- Maintain excellent communication with the project team and internal stakeholders to ensure relevant information is correctly shared and circulated, and all actions are progressed in a timely manner.
- Identify and mitigate against risk and work with colleagues, partners and stakeholders to manage risk pre start on site.
- When required, organise and lead/ attend client meetings acting in a professional manner to positively represent the company at all times.
- Follow the internal development process, ensuring all systems are maintained with accurate information at all times.
- Resolve problems in collaboration with the project teams and colleagues, and share learning to champion continuous improvement and ensure successful delivery of schemes.
- Promote and represent the company when appropriate in order to maximise development opportunities and the reputation of the company.
- When required, assess new business opportunities, undertake feasibility work and prepare ‘offer documentation’ as required.
- Network with new and existing clients to identify opportunities to expand the business.
- Any other task deemed necessary to the role.
Finally, let’s tell you a bit more about us…
At Vistry Group, we build more than homes. We develop sustainable communities across all sectors of the UK housing market through our leading housing brands Bovis Homes, Linden Homes and Countryside Homes. Delivered through Vistry Housebuilding, Countryside Partnerships and Vistry Works with the support of Vistry Services, our values of integrity, caring, and quality continue to shape all we do.
We’re proud that our UK Green Building Council membership, 2021 Large Housebuilder of the Year award and status as a UK top-five housebuilder with a five-star House Builders Federation (HBF) customer satisfaction rating allows us to transform land into thriving spaces. We’re also proud that our culture sees everyone treated fairly and respectfully, with diversity and inclusion a top priority and reasonable adjustments provided during the application process. From memories and communities to worthwhile careers, we’re making Vistry.
Job Type: Permanent – Full Time
Location Detail: 3rd Floor,i10 Wolverhampton Interchange,Railway Drive, Wolverhampton, WV1 1LH