Energean is seeking to employ an Electrical & Instrumentation Superintendent to join our Operations team in Kavala, reporting to the Production & Operations Manager. The E&I Superintendent is responsible for overseeing and coordinating electrical and instrumentation activities, managing a team of technicians and ensuring the safe and efficient installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of electrical and instrumentation systems in compliance with oil & gas industry standards and regulations.
- Guide a team of electrical and instrumentation technicians working onshore and offshore, on daily schedules and shifts. Responsible for the team’s evaluations according to the company internal process.
- Collaborate and support the other Superintendents of the Plant on daily activities as well as project design and implementation.
- Plan electrical and instrumentation activities to meet daily requirements for a seamless operation of the plant, project timelines and objectives.
- Ensure seamless execution of electrical and instrumentation works. Decide on appropriate equipment for repairs, maintenance methods and procedure to follow.
- Review project specifications, drawings, and technical documentation to understand project requirements and the scope of work. Update existing technical documentation to reflect modifications in a timely and consistent manner.
- Manage the procurement of electrical and instrumentation materials and equipment. Prepare scopes of work for the provision of services by third parties, evaluate proposals, diligently monitor contracts for the execution of projects or the provision of services by third parties, evaluate contractor performance.
- Monitor and enforce adherence to safety protocols and regulations to ensure a safe working environment. Participate in Health and Safety meetings with all stakeholders.
- Extend and optimize the existing proactive maintenance plan.
- Conduct proactive maintenance, based on incidents or ad-hoc inspections and quality control checks on equipment to verify compliance with specifications and standards.
- Troubleshoot electrical and instrumentation systems and resolve technical issues promptly.
- Organise and maintain full documentation of project activities, including progress reports, work orders, and equipment records. Perform quality control of all material.
- Ensure compliance of work performed with applicable codes, regulations, and industry best practices.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and cost optimization.
- Flag deviations from procedures and specifications.
- Improve equipment maintenance procedures where necessary.
- Mark of potential hazards and analysis of accidents.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree (MEng/BEng) in Electrical Engineering
- MSc on relevant fields (e.g., circuit design, power networks, control) will be considered a plus.
- 8+ years of proven experience in electrical and instrumentation supervision, preferably within the oil and gas industry.
- Excellent knowledge of electrical and instrumentation systems, equipment, and relevant codes and standards.
- Excellent command of the English and Greek language (oral and written communication).
- Computer literate and experienced with MS Office suite of applications.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage a team.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Familiarity with project management principles and practices.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Proficient in using computer software and systems relevant to the field.
We offer an excellent benefits package including Medical, Pension, Life Insurance, continuous development, career development opportunities.
Energean is a top tier E&P London FTSE 250 (LSE:ENOG) and Tel Aviv 35 (TASE: אנאג ) company that leads the energy transition and secures the energy supply in the East Mediterranean. It has a majority operated portfolio with a balanced mix of exploration, development, and production assets in seven countries across the Mediterranean and the North Sea.
Energean is the world’s ’s first E&P company to commit to net zero emissions by 2050. It has transitioned to gas and evaluating carbon capture & storage and eco-hydrogen projects in the Prinos basin, in Greece.
In 2022, the company produced 41k boepd and has a medium-term production target of 200 kboepd, over 70% of which will be gas. Energean is focused on delivering key gas development projects in Israel, Egypt and Italy, which will provide substantial near-term growth and value realization for our shareholders and our stakeholders.
Being an equal opportunity employer and valuing diversity Energean does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Why Energean in Greece
Joining Energean means you will work for the only Oil & Gas Exploration & Production company in Greece. Prinos, located in the Gulf of Kavala in North Aegean Sea, has been producing hydrocarbons since 1981 with an excellent HSE track record and in perfect harmony with the tourist industry and fishery of the neighbouring city of Kavala and the island of Thasos.
The Prinos Oil Field is the main structure in the Prinos-Kavala basin and has produced more than 120 mmboe so far. Energean is also currently developing the satellite Epsilon Oil Field (23 mmbls 2P reserves) that is expected to come on stream within 2024.
Prinos contains up to 60% hydrogen sulphide gas. The onshore ‘Sigma’ plant complexity is driven by facilities to remove this toxic gas and convert it to Sulphur. Sigma Plant provides future potential where talented people thrive, while Prinos is considered ideal to host the first CO2 storage in the Mediterranean, an up to $1 billion project carried out by Energean and initially approved by EU’s Recovery and Resilience Fund.
As our business evolves, so do our employment opportunities. Our work culture includes a dynamic mix of professionals, with a diversity of skills and expertise.
Please apply online by hitting the ‘Apply’ button.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
This role is being handled by the Energean recruitment team and no agency contact is required.