- Surveying sites where electrical systems are installed in buildings, fixtures and other components to ensure they remain functional and in accordance with legislation, as well as to identify any hazards or other issues which could disrupt the operation of the premises.
- Drafting electrical installation plans and technical diagrams for all electrical wiring including Emergency lighting, Fire Alarm systems, Portable Appliance Testing.
- Installing, maintaining, modifying and repairing all electrical systems in buildings and associated external areas.
- Ensuring that electrical systems adhere to the national electrical safety standards and regulations
- Supervising ongoing electrical system installations and providing technical expertise to installation teams where needed
- Using blueprints, wiring diagrams and manufacturer’s installation manuals to complete projects
- Completing work orders and recording materials that are used on the job
- Complete any required remedial works following the 5yr fixed wire test reports.
- Identifying electrical problems and repairing them
- Advising the company’s management when to replace aged electrical equipment to prevent hazards
- Conducting general electrical systems maintenance and troubleshooting electrical issues with testing equipment
The Ideal Candidate
- Qualified to 18th edition electrical installation with 3+ years’ experience within role
- Up to date training on National Electric Code, British Standards Institution (BSI) codes as well as update their knowledge about electrical concepts, safety protocols and any other building codes
- PASMA (tower scaffolding trained)
- Annual asbestos awareness certification in accordance with UKAS accreditation
- Good general construction knowledge
- Excellent personal organisational skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal abilities
- Competent in problem solving, planning and decision making
- Ability to keep track of industrial systems and National Electrical code
- Ability to be able to react to none planned / emergency works when required
- Health and Safety awareness together with basic First Aid and rescue skills
About the Company
Card Factory is the UK’s leading specialist retailer of greetings cards, dressings, and gifts with over one thousand stores across the UK and Ireland. In 2020 we launched our exciting 5-year business strategy including our vision of becoming a true Omni-channel retailer. This strategy sees significant investment into our colleagues across the business creating multiple opportunities to join a fast-paced environment and be part of our exciting journey.
In return, we offer a wide range of benefits to support your physical, mental, and financial wellbeing.
- 15% Card Factory colleague discount in-store and online
- Save As You Earn scheme
- Financial Wellbeing Support
- Financial Education Tools
- Salary Advance
- Seasonal incentive schemes
- Retail Management Apprenticeship Programmes with local providers with access to a virtual internal network for learning together
- Discounted gym membership, mobile phone contracts, and car leasing
- Discounts across 100’s of UK retailers
- Employee Assistance Programme – access to tools to support mental, physical, and financial wellbeing
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity, and Adoption leave
This is an exciting role with genuine prospects for the right candidate. If this role describes you and your career aspirations, click apply now.
For any questions email: firstname.lastname@example.org (we do not accept CVs/Applications via email)
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once sufficient suitable applications have been received. We advise applying early to avoid disappointment as applications will be reviewed regularly.
No agencies, please.
Sportswift Ltd T/A Card Factory
Competitive salary and benefits package